AX8 vs FX8

icu81b4

Does the AX8 have all the effects capability of the FX8? and can it be used like an FX8 if you turn off the amp simulation?.

I don't own either of these units at the moment, but have my name down on the list for both.

I know that the FX8 is designed to work with your existing rig, but if the AX8 can do the same then the AX8 might be a better option than the FX8 and decide in the future to not use the rig.

Hmm decisions decisions ...

I bought the fx8 to tide me over until the ax8 comes out. Just received my invitation and debating sticking with the fx8.

I'd appreciate any thoughts from people that have both..
Most of my playing is live with a variety of amps so the fx8 is fine, but maybe the amp models on the ax8 would be handy for extra options and backups if I had an amp problem plus it would be great for recording.

Main question - running it into an amp - either in the front of a twin reverb or old marshall, or in 4cm with an evh - how are we finding the ax8 in practise?

Short answer: Yes the AX8 would work with an amp

Long answer: The FX8 has relay switching and a few minor other options the AX8 doesnt. For me the AX8 is the way to go, with all the Axe amps and cabs for only $50 more... its a steal!

I bought the fx8 to tide me over until the ax8 comes out. Just received my invitation and debating sticking with the fx8.

I'd appreciate any thoughts from people that have both..
Most of my playing is live with a variety of amps so the fx8 is fine, but maybe the amp models on the ax8 would be handy for extra options and backups if I had an amp problem plus it would be great for recording.

Main question - running it into an amp - either in the front of a twin reverb or old marshall, or in 4cm with an evh - how are we finding the ax8 in practise?
I have the FX8 and using it in the 4CM method. If you love your amp, this is truly the way to go. If you want to carry less gear, or want the variety of amps and cabs, I would go AX8. It's a win-win with either decision :)

Back
Top Bottom