AX8 Using Effects in Reaper

rrhoads17

Inspired
Is there any way that I can use plugin effects in Reaper like an EQ in real time if I am playing my AX8 through Reaper? In my case, I am wanting to use an EQ plugin in Reaper as I am playing in real time to create a tone-match effect. As of right now, I can only kick the EQ effect in when I am playing back a recording.

Assuming you are going from AX8 to an audio interface (that allows you to control mix balance between incoming signal vs computer playback signal) to computer

1) Arm your track in reaper to record (and put the EQ effect on it)
2) Turn on Monitoring on that track
3) Set the audio interface to 100% computer playback so that you only hear what's being played through reaper and not the Ax8 signal coming in

This should give you what you need. The only caveat here being your audio interface.

Also, make sure to adjust down the latency of your interface in settings.

for perspective, this has little if anything to do with the AX8 specifically. the AX8 doesn't interface with the computer in any way - it just sends audio to your audio interface.

so this question is more about Reaper, your computer's abilities to process audio quickly, and would be the same situation if the AX8 weren't involved.

for perspective, this has little if anything to do with the AX8 specifically. the AX8 doesn't interface with the computer in any way - it just sends audio to your audio interface.

so this question is more about Reaper, your computer's abilities to process audio quickly, and would be the same situation if the AX8 weren't involved.

True. But if all you are after is tone match, then there are ways to turn any eq into an IR and then load that IR into the AX8, and eliminate the need for an audio interface and DAW (plus the inherent latency). And while there may be effects you can't replicate in the AX8 and thus require the DAW, tone match shouldn't be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom