AX8 suddenly loses all low end

Also, if there is NO pedal plugged into extern1 it can see voltage irregularities at the extern1 input and read that as wah engagement.
Like Smit said above, autowah is a different conversation. :)

This JUST happened to me today - went to my first jam session with the AX8 and was perplexed why some patches sounded thin and fizzy (the ones where I had a wah block). Because I knew I wasn't going to use the wah, I didn't bring it. Once I got back home and did some testing I figured it out.

So I guess that means the pedal travels with the AX8 regardless? I don't want to be adding or deleting the block based on if I intend to use it or not on any given day.

Just take a TRS plug, connect the ring to the sleave pin, and plug it into the ext port. That would be the equivalent to a wah in heel position and disable the blocks with auto engage set around 5%.

Just take a TRS plug, connect the ring to the sleave pin, and plug it into the ext port. That would be the equivalent to a wah in heel position and disable the blocks with auto engage set around 5%.
I wonder why they didn't put an auto-switching jack that shunts to ground when nothing is plugged, that would have avoided these autonomous oscillations and rendered useful the "exp initial value" settings.

The solution is simple: when you are not connecting an external Pedal, do NOT tell the AX8 that a pedal is connected.
Temporarily change EXTERNAL 1 (or whichever ones you use) from PEDAL 1 to NONE.

The solution is simple: when you are not connecting an external Pedal, do NOT tell the AX8 that a pedal is connected.

I might be mistaken, but isn't ext1 configured to be connected to pedal 1 by default (likewise ext2, 3, and 4 are connected to pedal 2, 3, and 4) ? At least the default configuration should be a little less prone to this problem to make the AX8 beginners life easier.

- went to my first jam session with the AX8 and was perplexed ... So I guess that means the pedal travels with the AX8 regardless?

Another solution that might be useful for some would be to copy all of the presets that you tend to use to a section of unused banks, then in these banks replace the wah blocks with shunts. If you're at a jam session without your wah, then use the presets in these "no wah" banks; and if you have your wah, use the original presets.

I might be mistaken, but isn't ext1 configured to be connected to pedal 1 by default (likewise ext2, 3, and 4 are connected to pedal 2, 3, and 4) ? At least the default configuration should be a little less prone to this problem to make the AX8 beginners life easier.
this was done to make customers lives easier so they don't have to program a pedal. *shrug*

This really is a bug. Not having your expression pedal should not require a configuration change.

Back
Top Bottom