AX8 Second hand price?? (UK)

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of upgrading to the AXE FX III but will need to sell my AX8, any idea what is the going rate for a second hand one these days? Mine has never left my home, its in mint condition and i have a few amp and cab packs which i've bought.
I live in the UK so really i would like to sell to someone in the UK.

Thanks.

Hi Mark,

I would say around the 1k seems to be the norm - I picked mine up in really good condition for 900 but it wasn’t boxed.

Not sure what the ethical view is on selling the cab packs with the unit as you are the original “licence” holder in a way however you can probably come to an agreement with the purchaser....If you want to ‘give’ them away with the unit as they are of no use to you then personally I don’t see an issue....

Hi Mark,

I would say around the 1k seems to be the norm - I picked mine up in really good condition for 900 but it wasn’t boxed.

Not sure what the ethical view is on selling the cab packs with the unit as you are the original “licence” holder in a way however you can probably come to an agreement with the purchaser....If you want to ‘give’ them away with the unit as they are of no use to you then personally I don’t see an issue....
Hi mate, thanks a lot for your input, i have all the original box and packaging, its only 18 months old so like new really.

Yes i agree with cab packs, i will look into that a bit more.

Thanks again buddy.

Hi Mark, I recently paid £850 for my as new in original box AX8 which apparently has an Austin Buddy dream rig pack (because I've never seen an AX8 without any add on's I'm not sure whats actually extra on it?). I'm wondering if when the FM3 becomes available the market could have a good selection of s/h Fractal devices for sale as people all rush out to buy the new unit?
You have shared some absolutely fantastic video's with your AX8, do you really need to change things? :)

I'm now trying to explain to my wife why I think it's a good idea to go and buy another Les Paul when I already have some. :) I do get it when you have the urge for a change. So just go for it! Let common sense go out of the window. LOL.

Hi Mark, I recently paid £850 for my as new in original box AX8 which apparently has an Austin Buddy dream rig pack (because I've never seen an AX8 without any add on's I'm not sure whats actually extra on it?). I'm wondering if when the FM3 becomes available the market could have a good selection of s/h Fractal devices for sale as people all rush out to buy the new unit?
You have shared some absolutely fantastic video's with your AX8, do you really need to change things? :)
Thanks mate, i think you're right that the second hand market will become busy once the FM3 is released.
Thanks for the compliment on my presets, i do have more which i will be sharing soon.
I'll see what to do as the AX8 is still a great bit of kit, i'm just tempted by the extras you get with the AXE III... we'll see :)

I have one for sale Uk ! I think they are selling anything north of 1000 ! You do get some cheap ones but not often ! eBay 1200 -

c
Thanks mate, i'm still debating whether to upgrade to an Axe III as the AX8 still sounds amazing but thanks for your input. Can i ask where you're advertising your one?

I had an AX8 for three years. I sold it a couple of weeks back on Reverb for £1100
I came away with just over a grand after deductions
I sold it to a guy in Cyprus

I've found the trick sometimes is to offer shipping anywhere at buyers expense as some people limit where they ship meaning they miss out on potential buyers

I only sold it as I'd got a great deal on a used III and had finally found something I preferred the sound of

I had an AX8 for three years. I sold it a couple of weeks back on Reverb for £1100
I came away with just over a grand after deductions
I sold it to a guy in Cyprus

I've found the trick sometimes is to offer shipping anywhere at buyers expense as some people limit where they ship meaning they miss out on potential buyers

I only sold it as I'd got a great deal on a used III and had finally found something I preferred the sound of
Oh right thats not a bad deal for you.

Yes thats very true about the shipping as i doubt there will be many people in the UK that will be after an AX8.

Can i ask what you paid for a second hand Axe Fx III?

I'm anticipating putting my AX8 up once the FM3 comes out. Unfortunately I have an input jack that has been repair and replaced with an OEM (Fractal) part but has found its way to not make good contact again. Weird thing is, I never take out the chord from the jack. It just started going whack on me and now I have to 'jiggle' the chord every 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom