AX8 Scene Presets

I'm gonna come here like the genius that I'm not and just say, after six years of AX2 finally had Scenes enforced upon me..and boy do I like it. After using MFC in stomp box mode, and struggling with the 8. I found a factory preset, with scenes that go from crystal clean to metal. Virtually eliminating the tap dancing. Thre are loads of presets and I'm after similar, as I want to choose th best one. One which starts clean and upon maybe last one is heaviest. Can anyone on here off top of their head, think of a few? Most scenes I've found just stay clean or just heavy and only thing changing are the effects. I've also scoured the Ax Exchange using search such as 'Gig or Rig'. I know in time I will get the hang, only I got gigs coming up and having to use my HD500x upsets me.

Many thanks for any help bros...and ladies in Fractal Land!

The simplest way to build up scenes from clean to heavy dirt is to turn on Drive blocks in each scene.

Put 2 drive blocks in the preset. Both are off in scene 1.
One of them is on in Scene 2.
Both are on in Scene 3.

Then, remember that each drive block can do a X and a Y setting. Set the Y setting of each drive block to a dirtier tone. Then Scene 4 can have use Drive #1's Y side. Then Scene 5 can add in Drive #2's Y side. Now we have two "very dirty" drives.

But you can go further, as the AMP block itself can be dirtied up with X/Y, by making Y have higher Gain. Permutations of these settings give you a ton of different tones, so you just assign them to scenes as it makes sense to you, clean to dirt.

There are other ways, but the basics of scene changes incorporate turning on and off blocks (in this case drive blocks) and switching to X and Y sides of blocks.

You’re a star cheers mate. I’ll get there eventually, but hoping I get the hang by getting a preset already made and editing it. Cheers though, I’m reading through your post.

Back
Top Bottom