AX8 quick metal test

Very nice! Especially liked the 1st riff! Where do you have the Master volume on the amp block? If it was my pre set I might want a little more body to it which I might try bumping the MV to get, what do ya think?

Adjusting gain/vol in the OD into the front of the amp and the MV are the best ways to get a monster tone. When you dial in a new amp it arrives with a set MV level and we often ignore and look at the Treb, Mids Bass levels and forget about the relationship to the amps MV/Vol

General rules of thumb

-Increasing MV I decrease amps Vol output a little to keep the sound tight
-Start with small changes
-Save to far away banks, save again 2 more spots next to it and start a/bing your changes. Often I will find my initial creation is still my favorite which means I can quite messing with it and PLAY guitar!!

Good luck and please share an syx.file so we can sample what you come up with.

Cheers,
Don

@nebbi
Ok, the proposed test failed. Say, I let the 1st E ring and bend 2nd B somewhere beyond 12th fret. Half a tone is not really a problem, but one tone... E gets a biiit flat. It's still OKish for live, I think. For recording - not OK.
If you get to thicker strings, it gets a bit more worse.

Overall, the situation is not critical as on a usual floyd rose - but still noticeable.

With your tests it looks like the zps does not hold the tremolo for a one tone bend. Then it makes no sense for me to change it. Thanks for your help!

With your tests it looks like the zps does not hold the tremolo for a one tone bend. Then it makes no sense for me to change it. Thanks for your help!
Yeah. I wouldn't invest in it if I were you. The outcome will not be 100% as desired :) But the GAS is strong, right? :D

Good to have a name (and abbreviation) for an illness that is already present. But i have to say that now, after arriving AX8, i'm selling a lot of gear.

I've got a ton of stuff on ebay right now thanks to the AX8 - I need to sell it quick to pay back the credit card before the long haired general finds out!!

Sounds pretty cool, but to me it has kind of a hollow character to it. I think if I had to guess technically it sounds like an odd spike in the lower mids. Might also be something more to do with the bass than the guitar, hard to tell.

I do dig it though, would not be upset if I bought an album and this was the overall tone on it.

Btw, I adjusted bass - sounds better to my ears now =)

Back
Top Bottom