AX8 preset switching

Hey Rich,

You gotten some great help here already. I am just chiming in because I have been a AxeFX user for a while, and the MAJOR thing about the edit programs is the ease of programming. It's simply SO MUCH EASIER to click on a parameter than to scroll through on the unit itself.
Everything can be done on ANY of the units, and of course if you need to make adjustments at a gig, that's what you'd have to do unless you have a laptop with you. I never do, so any changes I need to make at shows is done the "old fashioned way."
However, once you use the edit program, you'll wonder how you lived without it. It's just so simple to use and edits are quick and then can be saved over multiple presets if need be.

You never HAVE to use the edit programs, however if you have a computer it just makes a TON of sense.
Good luck and welcome to the insanity, I mean family, LOL

Thanks, GL. I'll see if my wife's home computer has enough capacity to download AX8-Edit. I would still like to know how to set up one-touch preset switching on the unit itself. I did what was suggested above by the Administrator, and though the changes were saved, I still needed two touched the change presets. Can you give me some instruction on this?

While in the footswitch page on the AX8, use the 'E' knob to highlight the footswitch you want to change then use the 'A' knob to select what you want that footswitch to be then press enter.

-edit-: then save the preset. Once you have one preset the way you want it, go to setup, GBL FS, select the foots witches you want to be global ('E') and select Global ('A')

Last edited:
Thanks, GL. I'll see if my wife's home computer has enough capacity to download AX8-Edit. I would still like to know how to set up one-touch preset switching on the unit itself. I did what was suggested above by the Administrator, and though the changes were saved, I still needed two touched the change presets. Can you give me some instruction on this?

I have only have my AX8 for a short time and am still getting used to the Function buttons. What I understand so far is you have the ability to "sticky" a bank, then the 8 buttons are each Scene 1 of a different preset, until you hit the Function button again.
It's an interesting way to do it. I need to keep playing with things. I just got some presets that I'm happy with and will delve deeper over the holiday weekend.

It would be nice to be able to have looper record, looper play, 2 scenes, 2 presets, and 2 fx on/off all assigned to the 8 pedals.

Back
Top Bottom