AX8 preset mode

hi new ax8 user. I’m thinking of grabbing an ax8, I’m use to the xl+ and iii where I use individual patches rather than setting switches to turn effects on and off. Is it a process I can do in the ax8

Ok, so I can make individual patches and assign 1 as my lead patch, 2 as my clean patch, 3 as my distortion with effects, 4 as my clean with effects etc...
Answering all your questions is easy - yes, and much more is possible with the Ax8 ... The best I've ever bought ... Thanks Fractal

Ok, so I can make individual patches and assign 1 as my lead patch, 2 as my clean patch, 3 as my distortion with effects, 4 as my clean with effects etc...
Yes. I do that also, but since there are so many preset slots I also use scenes. Gives me more options......

can you tell me how to do that :) and thanks for the help

So each preset has 8 scenes, all you have to do is setup each scene simply by storing the state you want the effect to be in, bypassed or active. You will also need to assign the foot switches scene numbers! This best done in AX8 edit and clicking on the Foot switch button then right clicking on the foot switch you wish to assign a scene number to.

Or... if you choose double jeopardy you can use X/Y switching! and add a different, amp, cab or types of effects! Though if you want to use X/Y switching you will need to setup the AX8 to do so, just do as Manuel says!

There is also a grip of youtube vids out there that can show you how to get this done if you don't want to hear Manuel :D. Leon Todd @2112 here on the board has a lot as does @chris with Axe FX Tutorials Though Chris works closer with the Axe Fx but some of the setup is the same.

So each preset has 8 scenes, all you have to do is setup each scene simply by storing the state you want the effect to be in, bypassed or active. You will also need to assign the foot switches scene numbers! This best done in AX8 edit and clicking on the Foot switch button then right clicking on the foot switch you wish to assign a scene number to.

Or... if you choose double jeopardy you can use X/Y switching! and add a different, amp, cab or types of effects! Though if you want to use X/Y switching you will need to setup the AX8 to do so, just do as Manuel says!

There is also a grip of youtube vids out there that can show you how to get this done if you don't want to hear Manuel :D. Leon Todd @2112 here on the board has a lot as does @chris with Axe FX Tutorials Though Chris works closer with the Axe Fx but some of the setup is the same.
Thanks but I still think either I’m confused on what I’m asking to do or I don’t quite understand how to set it up in scenes, I basically want each button to serve as different patches I make. Wouldn’t scene set up have to be using the same amp models etc

Thanks but I still think either I’m confused on what I’m asking to do or I don’t quite understand how to set it up in scenes, I basically want each button to serve as different patches I make. Wouldn’t scene set up have to be using the same amp models etc

Scenes allow to turn blocks on/off, apply per scene values to modifiers and switch block X/Y states within a preset. This means per preset two amp models are available at max.

What you're asking for is to be able to assign one preset to each footswitch. This is how sticky preset mode works where each of the 8 footswitches is assigned to the corresponding preset of the same bank.

You just want each button to recall a different present, which is how the unit works straight out of the box. You’d just need to order your presets where you want them. Only downside is there can be a very slight lag in changing presets.

You don’t need to mess with scenes or x/y if you want to simply change presets

Yes how do I get rid of the lag it’s awful, I would def think there is a way around this
You just want each button to recall a different present, which is how the unit works straight out of the box. You’d just need to order your presets where you want them. Only downside is there can be a very slight lag in changing presets.

You don’t need to mess with scenes or x/y if you want to simply change presets

There is no way to reduce the lag between preset changes in the AX8 at this time. This is the main reason for scenes!

Yes how do I get rid of the lag it’s awful, I would def think there is a way around this

You can spring for an Axe III which is faster at preset switching, or you can use scenes to change amp channel, add drive blocks etc on the fly, with essentially zero lag. The whole reason everyone has been talking about scenes so much is because switching presets has some downsides if your trying to do in in the middle of a song. Works great song to song, but isn't perfect if you want to kick into a solo etc.

Can't really get around it because the hardware needs to load up all the new preset settings, so that isn't going to happen instantly

Back
Top Bottom