AX8 preowned pricing

Walter B

while shopping for a Fractal AX8 as most people do for that kind of money I do my homework
Fractal has a Ax8 for $1095. and they are in stock
a few sellers on Reverb have theirs for over $1400 with no extras and they want shipping
I think I am in shock after looking at Reverb
I was only looking at USA sale adds on Reverb and the sellers who wanted $1400 were only willing to ship to USA (this post does not pertain to outside of USA sales )
If you can't save a Couple of Hundred off a new price you would be better served buying a New One direct from Fractal with a Warranty
Buyer Beware

Last edited:
while shopping for a Fractal AX8 as most propel do for that kind of money I do my homework
a few sellers on Reverb have theirs for over $1400 with no extras and they want shipping
Buyer Beware

They were out of stock intermittently so I would bet thats part of it. But people can ask whatever, but will they get it? Not from people like you and most of us who "do our homework" as you mentioned.

I am also looking for an AX8, and thinking I'll buy new even though with the exchange rate, taxes, and shipping it will be about $1750 CAD I see used ones for $1500 or so fairly often. I think that some of the reverb sellers post it at a high price thinking they can either sell to someone who won't wait for them to be in stock, or are trying to sell internationally where their price is not completely out of line.

I am also looking for an AX8, and thinking I'll buy new even though with the exchange rate, taxes, and shipping it will be about $1750 CAD I see used ones for $1500 or so fairly often. I think that some of the reverb sellers post it at a high price thinking they can either sell to someone who won't wait for them to be in stock, or are trying to sell internationally where their price is not completely out of line.
I did take into consideration that the ones that I were looking at were USA adds as well as the sellers were only willing to ship to USA

Fractal also has them listed a in Stock

That irritates the crap out me ,same thing happens on Craig’s list .:mad:

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it ?

If anything, I find people listing silly high prices help make my listing seem like a better value.

Some of those ads are very old too, maybe from when the unit first came out even and demand did fuel that price. Some guys just forgot they even had it listed

Life is too short to worry about what the other guy is doing, especially what the other guy is selling stuff for

I think that some of the reverb sellers post it at a high price thinking they can either sell to someone who won't wait for them to be in stock, or are trying to sell internationally where their price is not completely out of line.
This is exactly what it is. I sold my XL and ii for more than new prices and sold my Ultra for almost new prices. All deals were over seas buyers

while shopping for a Fractal AX8 as most propel do for that kind of money I do my homework
Buyer Beware

They also might be taking advantage of those that can't get a new AX8 shipped to their country. Last I recalled there were a few countries that FAS wouldn't ship to. That may have changed I'm not up to date on it but it could one reason that would explain the higher price.

Then theres the plain fact that some will just buy it because it's there they need it now and it's for sale!

I don't know if you are aware, but for European customers, the AX8 costs 1625 USD. So, for us, it is still cheaper (but beware: European customers that buy overseas will not have any warranty).

PS: Well, Fractal customers don't have any warranty for any used Fractal gear, so I suppose European people willing to save some bucks will buy it at lower prices regardless of the warranty.

This is nothing new, when the AX8 came out it was $1400, and sold for a lot more used. I would imagine a lot of guys who paid over retail are trying to recoup some cash. Also, Reverb sellers will ship internationally.

What's the difference between USA and current models?

Different materials/different quality?

Just the place where they are made and... the price?

Back
Top Bottom