AX8 on stage with FW 10

Marco Fanton

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Great live experience yesterday with AX8 and new FW 10 RC1.
No audio gap during amp X/Y chaining, less CPU so I can use 2 delays instead scene modifiers on a single delay .
You know modifiers are still a problem on FW10 but with less CPU power request you can do what you can't before.
The sound is amazing! for me there is a big improvement also in the sound quality
As you can see I use my GRFR (Guitar Range Flat Rate) monitor on the left and the standard monitor on the right with rest of the band. Full stereo mode! Great experience.
Thank you @FractalAudio for this big improvement!

IMG_1843.jpg

Great live experience yesterday with AX8 and new FW 10 RC1.
No audio gap during amp X/Y chaining, less CPU so I can use 2 delays instead scene modifiers on a single delay .
You know modifiers are still a problem on FW10 but with less CPU power request you can do what you can't before.
The sound is amazing! for me there is a big improvement also in the sound quality
As you can see I use my GRFR (Guitar Range Flat Rate) monitor on the left and the standard monitor on the right with rest of the band. Full stereo mode! Great experience.
Thank you @FractalAudio for this big improvement!

View attachment 48469
Hello Marco; Is that GRFR monitor like a standard guitar cab with a power amp built in? No cab sims required to use it?

Hello Marco; Is that GRFR monitor like a standard guitar cab with a power amp built in? No cab sims required to use it?
No it is a full range active cab with a limited band.
You have to use cab simulation but the sound is very close to a guitar speaker cabinets.
It has a single loudspeaker, no tweeter. 250w

Question: When you do this setup, is the Left Out 1 to FOH and the Right Out 1 to your FRFR? If not, how is the setup.

Very cool. Looks like you had a lot of fun! :D ...Oh, and thanks for posting your vids on YouTube! ..It was your tip of a hat to the late, Great, Gary Moore that tipped the balance in favor of the AX8 for me.

Back
Top Bottom