AX8 midi question

BigRalphN

Inspired
I am setting up a midi box (BJ Devices) with my AX8.. Everything seems fine except that it is not displaying tube patch name on the midi screen. It seems like it isn't getting midi info from the AX8 at all. I set it all up and everything else seems fine. I even set the midi device to AX8 instead of auto detect. All set to midi channel 1 . I should try another cable I guess even though it is new

I don't know this device, but for bi-directional communication you would need two MIDI cables instead of only one? Also the AX8 does not send MIDI CC, only PC. So I'm not sure, if your device can even show the preset name active on your AX8. Or do you connect via USB?

That would be contained in SysEx data which isn't transmitted via the Midi ports but via USB only

Ok. Thanks. I am not a complete newbie to midi but not far off either. I have two midi cables hooked up. This is a BJ Devices unit (all of them work basically the same) and there is actually a setup function where you cqnn have it auto detect your device or select it. I had tried auto and AX8. I did mess with it and got it to send gibberish lol

In order to know the preset names your device would have to query and store them to look them up when the AX8 sends a PC. Afaik they will not get sent every time you change the preset.

That is fine. The video I saw was with an AX-Fx so it is a different animal. I don't need it to do it, but if it did I wanted to set it up. It is doing what I want so I am happy.

Back
Top Bottom