AX8 Invite arrived, order placed. Finally joining the Fractal family.

MBR7N8

So...it FINALLY happened. I opened my email to an invite for the AX8. In a rather serendipitous turn of events, some months ago I ordered a new road bag for my laptop/accessories and it's the MONO 365. From a touch of research, it seems this may work out perfectly for the occasional to and from a show transport. (My gear stays on the road/truck with my group, but I'll be taking this guy home a good bit, especially in the beginning, to get it dialed in so I can phase out my current setup, which is a giant pedalboard + H&K Tubemeister rig...).

I am STOKED to get this baby in and put some time on it. I've been on the fence for an Axe Fx for some time, (even though it seems most, if not ALL, of the guys I admire seem to be using them these days, both locally and nationally). I have a good buddy who's been hounding me to buy a Helix (he just got one), but I went with my gut and stayed with my original plan to get the AX8. (not to mention, nothing against the company, but anything that says "Line 6" just doesn't sit well with me. For some reason, it just conjures up sounds in my head of the dreaded "bag of bees" tone. I KNOW that's not necessarily the case since I have yet to compare the units side by side, but still... I can't seem to shake that bad impression. Thank goodness Fractal came through JUST in the nick of time. :) ).

I'll update here once it arrives and, I am sure, be quite active here on the forums since this is quite a new venture for me as far as a live rig goes. (I have a suite of modeling stuff for recording, i.e. all the BIAS stuff and some Toontrack packs, but haven't yet made the switch for my live performance).

Look forward to the day I can post it's landed, and I imagine some late nights/early mornings exploring the tones and getting it "gig ready"!

Back
Top Bottom