AX8 Hot Rod

Gary Swank

Hello
New user of AX8 and really enjoy it! Playing more than ever.
Thinking about removing the aluminum side panels held on with the 5 screws and designing some new side panels.
Have some questions:
1. Will that void the warranty?
2. Would like fabricate a new aluminum side panels.
Attach wood and the new side panels with longer screws using the original 5 screw holes.
If the aluminum comes say an inch to 1.5 inches above the base of the AX8 and there is a hand cutout on each
of the side pieces. Are the 5 side screws sturdy enough to support a handle?

Searched the forum but did not see this topic discussed...
Comments and suggestions welcome
Thanks
Gary

Sow why not get longer screws and attach the aluminum plates outside the original side covers leaving them intact?
Would this still void warranty?

Welcome Gary. My guess is only the Fractal people can tell you whether your ideas would void the warranty. I'm guessing that @bishop5150 is spot on, but I would check with FAS. What you are thinking will certainly reduce any resale value. I would suggest that you add barefoot Buttons to your AX8. You can choose any color scheme you want. Not only do they work great, they dress it up too. Kick tags dress it up as well and are quite functional. Again, welcome!

Thanks for the responses! Hoping it would not void the warranty...
Bigjd: Could approach the project that way. Use longer screws but figure while I'm at it could also just design a new plate easy enough.
If the original plate needs to be there would keep it in place and add longer screws as you suggest.
Geezerjohn: Thanks for the welcome! As far as resale value. What I propose is to remove the side panels and put new side panels on with longer screws. If I ever wanted to restore the AX8 to original it would be just a matter of unscrewing the new plates and replace the original plates with the original screws. Saw the barefoot buttons...just wanted to try something different.
Dpeterson: Double stick would work just hoping to take the design farther.
Do I ask FAS via email or will they respond to this post?

Do I ask FAS via email or will they respond to this post?
Yes. You can email FAS. The are a great company and very responsive to their customers. Customer support is the best in the business. They may respond to your post, as Cliff still responds to threads here at the forum, but I would email them with your question.

Back
Top Bottom