AX8 Hard Case

Filipe Mastro

Hello,

I´m brand new Fractal AX8 User, and I really need your help to find a hard case for this fantastic machine!
Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

There are no Fractal cases, but if you do a search on here you'll find a few suggestions for cases from various suppliers, typically toolbox type things. None are absolutely perfect, but they'll do the job with a little bit of tweaking.

Gator just released a really cool hard shell case for the helix that can fit an Ax and one of two exp pedals. Pelican cases is another great choice

There's a guy in Australia (Caseman) who specifically makes cases for the AX8, so I'm sure there are similar ones in other countries.

productsindex_fractalaudio.jpg

Home depot sells a ridgid case. It fits perfectly, even has room for a couple cords. Had mine for a while. Think it's around 40 bucks.

Attachments

• 20191123_131201.jpg
    20191123_131201.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 23
Home depot sells a ridgid case. It fits perfectly, even has room for a couple cords. Had mine for a while. Think it's around 40 bucks.

I use the Rigid case. I put a small amount of foam in mine to keep it snug. But really, this thing is bullet proof, and super inexpensive.

the Ridgid wouldn’t be a live in case correct? You have to pull it out every time you use your rig? Not that there’s a problem with that but I suppose it would depend on how often you play. I’ve been using a MONO DJ back pack for a while now and at first it was great! Just show up to the gig with one bag and your guitars and you’d be all set. but I play 3-4 times a week and I started noticing some wear and tear( buttons coming off and screws comin out) which might be expected with normal use so I’ve been looking into a live in case that’s not gonna break the bank. The Ridgid case price and construction look to be a perfect fit but could you modify it somehow to take the lid off?

Here is a great case! We have 3 of them for our AX8's.

Amazon product ASIN B004H1RY52
It will fit one AX8 and an EV-1 expression pedal with a little room to spare.
Very Highly recommended by me!
Lightweight and protective.
We have bee using them for about 3 years without any issues.

the Ridgid wouldn’t be a live in case correct? You have to pull it out every time you use your rig? Not that there’s a problem with that but I suppose it would depend on how often you play. I’ve been using a MONO DJ back pack for a while now and at first it was great! Just show up to the gig with one bag and your guitars and you’d be all set. but I play 3-4 times a week and I started noticing some wear and tear( buttons coming off and screws comin out) which might be expected with normal use so I’ve been looking into a live in case that’s not gonna break the bank. The Ridgid case price and construction look to be a perfect fit but could you modify it somehow to take the lid off?

Yes, you would remove the AX8 from the Rigid case to use it. If you need a pedalboard style case then the Rigid is not for you.

As for the problem ScottP ran into - sorry to hear this - I'm not aware of the part of the case that hits this button. I do put my AX8 in the case with the input/output jacks toward the handle so that when it's sitting upright, there isn no danger of the jacks being compressed inward and haven't had aa problem. From what I can tell, the only part of the AX8 that touches the lid is the silver handle on the AX8. There is also room to move the AX8 back and forth in the case to find the best fit. Mine sits all the way to the right with room on the left for a couple of cables.

Lots of options out there. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom