AX8 - Finally got some ‘to do’ items done!

Bman

Power User
I finally made time with no one at the house to distract me to accomplish my following to do list:

-create a SRV patch (went back to Tyler Grund’s video even tho it’s for AX FX2)

-add a strymon type multi-delay block to my library. Based on an Andy’s Timmons type sound. I Copied a block from someone’s posted Timeline attempt. Very well done. When used with a vol. pedal I can mix from dry to a reverb effect, then full ambient. Like Timmons does.

-organize similar preset rigs but different in that my pedal controls either a wah, a whammy, or an ambient delay (strymon type) for Dirty rigs and the Fender SRV rigs. All in range of a foot tap.

I’ve had the AX8 for almost a year and have been jamming out of two or 3 basic presets that cover ‘my tone’. Lazyness has prevented me from taking advantage of the flexibility I have at my disposal.

Next is to really dig in and create separate my ‘live’ (thru Xitone) from recording set ups. Seems they transfer OK but the lives are a little lifeless OR sometimes too gainy. A contradiction, I know. But there are slight tweaks between the two that are necessary.

I also have a routing problem to solve... (separate post maybe in the lounge or rigs and routing)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I’m totally the same way. I’ve owned my III for a quite a while but still haven’t gotten around to really setting up a bunch of all in one 8 scene presets utilizing all the channels and such

Will be great once I get around to it but just takes time to do it. When I turn the unit on I spent more time just playing and not doing “work” lol

Kind of use the excuse I don’t have a FC yet either, as I’ll obviosuly need to work to customize that

I just did the SRV patch and the re-organizing last night as well. I put all the building blocks in place for the SRV patch, but have to go back with a fresh ear to see how happy I am with it. Obviously tougher to follow Tyler's 2 amp configuration with the AX8, but hoping it's close. . .

I just did the SRV patch and the re-organizing last night as well. I put all the building blocks in place for the SRV patch, but have to go back with a fresh ear to see how happy I am with it. Obviously tougher to follow Tyler's 2 amp configuration with the AX8, but hoping it's close. . .
Which of the two amps did you go with?

I did both in an X/Y setup and initial impression was the second amp was too dirty with the settings he used.

I did both in an X/Y setup and initial impression was the second amp was too dirty with the settings he used.

Same here I did each amp on x/y. I prefer the Super because it’s cleaner. The tone at bedroom levels theu my Xitone and/or monitors sounds extremely trebley. But recording and playing back sounds great. I can’t wait to hear it loud but I have to send the kids and mom away for that.

The 808 tone on 9ish seems high be it anything lower you start to miss it.

I had the same exact impression... I think the dirtier amp gets hidden by the punchier clean amp in his Axe-Fx setup.

With only one amp block to work with, I wound up taking his clean amp settings and increasing the gain just a bit, then tweaked the tone controls just a little.

I had the same exact impression... I think the dirtier amp gets hidden by the punchier clean amp in his Axe-Fx setup.

With only one amp block to work with, I wound up taking his clean amp settings and increasing the gain just a bit, then tweaked the tone controls just a little.

I still don’t ‘feel’ the huge tone when playing. But it definitely appears when recording. Amp in the room thing. Still, closest I’ve ever been to SRV tone ever. The cry baby wah is perfect fit too. I’m also tweaking a tremolo to get the Leslie right.

Back
Top Bottom