AX8 edit freezes after being idle

PhillyGTR

I'm having issues with having my laptop hooked up in rehearsal and using AX8 edit. It boots up fine, connects, makes edits and saves no problem. Then I go back about 30 minutes later and the 'Comm Paused' screen is frozen. I quit and reboot, disconnect AX8 and it doesn't reconnect. I can't be restarting my computer every time this happens. These rehearsals are kinda high pressure situations and nobody wants to wait for me to do all that. I've gotten pretty good at editing on the unit but the editor is obviously much faster. Any ideas?
OSX 10.9.4, editor 8, firmware 8.

my ax8 edit only hangs when i’ve let the mac to to sleep. try bringing a power cord, and setting the mac t9 not sleep when the power cord is plugged in

my ax8 edit only hangs when i’ve let the mac to to sleep. try bringing a power cord, and setting the mac t9 not sleep when the power cord is plugged in
My energy saver settings (Mac OSX 10.9.4) actually had both display and hard drives set to 'never' sleep. Today at rehearsal everything worked fine all day, and I even manually put the display to sleep. Anyway, I was able to program some great stuff today because the software editor was running so smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom