AX8 Edit Assist?

BillM408

Hey guys... new AX8 owner. Can I get a little help?

AX8 Edit shows as disconnected. I've searched the topic and tried all of the suggestions/recommendations and still nothing. Tried every configuration of unit, USB and editor and nothing.Tried a couple of different of USB cables and even re-installed the software. Everything was fine last week.

FWIW- it's a brand new laptop running Win10 with 3.0 USB ports.

Any thoughts, tricks or recommendations?
Thanks-

OK, duh!

IT101... unplug and plug it back in.
Did a reboot on the laptop and it's connected again.

This is exactly why I'm not a tech guy!
Thanks guys!

I am having the same problem with both the AXE8 edit and the Fractal Bot. When I switch between using them, I lose connectivity on the other one. The only way I have figured out how to fix this is to re-boot my PC every time this happens.To say the least,it is very frustrating. I use the Windows version and downloaded the driver today, Sep 17. But, I still have this issue.

I didn't know a Mac was required/preferred for using AX8 edit. It sure isn't advertised as such by Fractal Audio. Anyway, that's not an option I want to pursue. I was hoping someone could comment as to if this is a known driver issue, ect. I'm new to the forum and just purchased the AX8.

fractal usually recommends using the 2.0 usb ports, and not to use a hub. They also recommend a quality usb cable. there was a post recently that some one linked a besttronics usb cable. This may be your trouble.

That is funny I have never experienced any problems with my 2 year old Mac Pro and iMac except when I have to run windows 10 for quick books.
That is funny i'm a software developer and have never ever experienced problems on Windows, but on Mac it's nearly impossible to use because of badly-engineered UI, voluntary Apple put barriers across devs path, non-standard keyboard only compatible with ordinathans, forced updates, incompatibility with miriad of devices including Audio class 2 since recent updates etc etc...

Please don't make this a PC vs. Mac thread (google, and you will have entertainment for days). Ax8edit works fine in most Mac AND Windows environments.

FWIW: I run my Ax8 from my windows 10 PC but using USB 2 ports. I have not tried my single USB3 port. It also works well on my Win 10 tablet with a USB OTG cable, so I do not think the USB cable is that critical.

Back
Top Bottom