AX8 Edit a little buggy?

Tried unplugging both expression pedals and it has no affect on the problem. I can't remember if I mentioned, but it in the same on both Windows 7 & 8 PC platforms.

Seems odd that Fractal Bot works Ok for me but AX8 Edit has this strange glitch.

Guess I will look to see what Fractal says on my support ticket.

BA

Tried unplugging both expression pedals and it has no affect on the problem. I can't remember if I mentioned, but it in the same on both Windows 7 & 8 PC platforms.

Seems odd that Fractal Bot works Ok for me but AX8 Edit has this strange glitch.

Guess I will look to see what Fractal says on my support ticket.

BA
brett, do you have skype with a camera or any way to be able to show me what's going on? i believe you, but seeing it might help solve it.

a cell phone video that shows the front panel of the AX8 and then AX8-Edit would help out and not need skype at that point.

I ran into this issue before.

It was a corrupted preset. Nuke the preset, start over from scratch and a reboot of both AX8 edit and The unit itself fixed the issue.

I ran into this issue before.

It was a corrupted preset. Nuke the preset, start over from scratch and a reboot of both AX8 edit and The unit itself fixed the issue.

I will give this a try. Wipe it clean and do a reset of the system and try again. If the problem persists, I send Fractal the video of the screens to see if they have any more insight.

Thanks to all for the help thus far. I'll post solution when I get one to spare anyone else the same hassle in the future.

BA

I will give this a try. Wipe it clean and do a reset of the system and try again. If the problem persists, I send Fractal the video of the screens to see if they have any more insight.

Thanks to all for the help thus far. I'll post solution when I get one to spare anyone else the same hassle in the future.

BA
If you change presets on the AX8 hardware, does anything improve?

And the winner is RoshRoslin!

It was in fact a corrupted patch. I wiped out all my patches and rebuilt one until the problem came back. It turns out the the problem occurs when I add a modifier to a volume block. I use the pair of volume blocks in parallel to toggle between a pitch block (whammy) and my wah block so I can use one expression peddle.

To be specific, I was attaching a modifier (External 4) to the by pass mode of each volume block so I could alternately mute one or the other. Live, it works but was causing this constant communication thing when connected to the AX8 Edit. The work-around for me was to move the modifier to the volume control on each volume block and set their min/max states opposite from each other. It seems to work the same as toggling the mute states but does not have the constant communication issue when plugged into AX8.

Matt at Fractal is very supportive and has been in communication with me - what a great company and staff! I hope they never lose that quality.

I will send Matt my corrupted patch and my "work-around" patch so they can take a look at it and see if there really is a problem. It could just be my inexperience in how to apply modifiers and such.

Much thanks to all on this forum who where so willing to help!!!

BA

I wish you showed a video of it earlier in the thread ;)

just tried it and any Source attached to any block's Bypass parameter causes that communication lock. so for now, everyone should avoid doing that until the issue is resolved.

the way you had it in your JCM800 preset should have worked as configured as far as i can tell, so this is most likely a simple bug fix. i tried something similar on the Axe-Fx II and Axe-Edit, and it worked as expected.

i'm surprised this didn't pop up before when people connected their SP1 pedals for the dual Wah/Volume method. weird!

good catch and thanks for reporting.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry about no video on the issue. I was too fixated on solving the problem - more of a challenge. Just imagine the "Please wait, communicating" message at the bottom of the screen stuttering on and off the entire time - very annoying!

I wonder if the same issue would occur on my AxeFX-II if I built a patch the same way that caused this problem - on second thought, I am not that curious about that ;-)

BA

I wonder if the same issue would occur on my AxeFX-II if I built a patch the same way that caused this problem - on second thought, I am not that curious about that ;-)
i did mention that, and the issue does not happen. i've done that on the axe-fx ii for years with the SP1 pedal, using the switch on the Bypass parameter. i think it's just a communication error with AX8-Edit and hopefully is a quick fix. use your "100w Plexi" method for now :)

I'm about to embark on prepping presets for tomorrow's show and for the first time I will actually use the editor so I can knock out several presets quickly. Knock on wood...

Back
Top Bottom