Ax8 Do I sell to buy a Bias Amp Mini?

First of all, let me say that I know that my Ax8 has lots more stuff than the Bias mini amp and also I need to say that I love my AX8!

Having said that I'll explain the reason with I'm thinking of selling my AX8...

For a long time now I'm trying to cut down the load of gear I need to take around for every gig as I'm not longer a professional player so don't need too much gear.

This is who I sold my Axe FX and bought the AX8. But the problem is that with my AX8 I still need to take my power amp around and the Bias Amp Mini is tiny and includes the power amp, so I would just need a few pedals. This means, I can take everything in one small bug, which is really appealing for me.

I currently use Bias software to record so I know the software sounds great and the Bias Amp mini would be less that half the price I paid for my AX8.

My question is ... before I do something as crazy as selling my AX8, is there any other reason why you would never sell the AX8 to buy a Bias Amp mini?

Has anyone got both or tried both?

Thanks all!

AX8 is better value for money than just about anything on the market. Even if you spend the same amount of money on the Bias and some pedals that can be carried in one bag, you are still missing out the on millions of dollars worth of other gear the AX8 contains over the Bias. that There are also several small power amps the size of pedals on the market that make taking the AX8 and the power amp in one bag very possible. Keeping the AX8 seems like a no-brainer to me, but that's just my opinion.

I had a Mini and surprisingly it sounded better than the VST, much better. Ran it through a real 212 cab w/o cabs on, sounded big. You may want the AX8 for FX as the Mini has only Reverb and no way to turn it on/off. PG's CC for the reverb on/off did not work. They acknowledged it but never fixed it.

With the Bias mini, you'll still need a CAB or to use IRs, a powered cab/FRFR of some sort. Why not just invest in a FRFR. A good one will cost the price of the Mini and you'll like your AX8 a lot more. JMHO

Cheap = Headrush 12 or 10" speaker. Less Cheap = Tech 21 Power Engine Double Deuce, Not Cheap = Freidman ASM or ASC(wedge vs Cabinet) 10 or 12 500 watts, Xitone, Atomic CLR, all closer to 800-1100. Then there are the PA type FRFR like QSC, JBL, etc.
I played my AX8 when I owned it for 2 months thru 2 T21 Double Deuces in stereo. It sounded really good. 2 Headrush units will set you back less that one of the expensive units.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom