AX8, desktop monitors, audio interface, recording set up

I just bought an AX8 and it will be arriving on Monday (YAY!)

I want to pick y'all's brain and get your opinion on my current set up and/or what I should change.

I have been going from my Boss GT-100 direct into audio interface. The audio interface goes USB to computer and then 1/4" to desktop monitors.

Audio interface: Behringer U-Phoria UMC22
Desktop monitors: Cerwin Vega XD4

Do you think this will be a good set up for the AX8?

Last minute thought: I have also recorded direct from GT-100 to USB to computer (which is better audio than 1/4" to audio interface to computer)..... Can the AX8 go direct in via USB for recording as well?

I just bought an AX8 and it will be arriving on Monday (YAY!)

I want to pick y'all's brain and get your opinion on my current set up and/or what I should change.

I have been going from my Boss GT-100 direct into audio interface. The audio interface goes USB to computer and then 1/4" to desktop monitors.

Audio interface: Behringer U-Phoria UMC22
Desktop monitors: Cerwin Vega XD4

Do you think this will be a good set up for the AX8?
yes.

Last minute thought: I have also recorded direct from GT-100 to USB to computer (which is better audio than 1/4" to audio interface to computer)..... Can the AX8 go direct in via USB for recording as well?
no, the AX8 is not a USB Audio interface.

Thanks for the swift reply! Will there be a difference in sound quality if I do one of these over the other?:

1) AX8 -> XLR -> audio interface
2) AX8 -> 1/4" -> audio interface
Using decent cables, there shouldn't be a difference in sound quality. You will more than likely encounter different levels between the two; the mic level (XLR) is typically louder than line level (1/4").

Got it! Thank you for the replies. One of the reasons I got the AX8 is to try plugging directly into a sound system at churches so I don't have to lug my amp every week (AC15). I know it may take awhile to get used to but I believe it will be worth it!

Back
Top Bottom