AX8 connection via USB to AX8Edit

Toneboner

Hi,

I just got my AX8 today! :)

Have been using AXEFX2 a few years with no issues connecting to AXE-Edit.
Now when I install AXE8-Edit and plug my AX8 to my PC it does not connect.
(same USB cable works fine with AXEFX2-PC)

Anyone have any clue on what the issue is? I'm running Windows 10 on a Desktop PC.

/Mats

Any other related software running? My AX8 Edit refuses to work, when for example Fractal Bot is active (and vice versa) - but that's typical, I'd guess.

No other SW running except Google Chrome.
I have encountered a specific condition where the AX8 cannot connect to my computer via USB while Google Chorme is open. If I have the AX8 connected to the USB port and then shut down Google Chrome, then at that point, the AX8 connects just fine. There seems to be a bug with AX8 and Chrome together.

Thank's Dan!

I restarted the PC and then (without starting Google Chrome) started AX8-Edit and, VOILA!!! It works!
Andit also seems to work even after I start Google Chrome when I have Ax8-Edit up and running.
Guess I just need to remember that sequence for now, but maybe there's a little bug somewhere in AX8-Edit.....

I have encountered a specific condition where the AX8 cannot connect to my computer via USB while Google Chorme is open. If I have the AX8 connected to the USB port and then shut down Google Chrome, then at that point, the AX8 connects just fine. There seems to be a bug with AX8 and Chrome together.
That is really strange, because I run Google Chrome all day, everyday. I have never had it interfere with my connection to the AX8. And, I would guess that I spend more time connected to the AX8 than just about anyone else.

I had one weird problem. When 1st connected AX8 to computer with Ax8 editor it would not recognize AX8. Chrome was open. I plugged into other USB part and it recognized AX8. Next day I plugged into original port that gave problem and all is fine. ????

To me it really looks like there's something fishy regarding how Windows recognizes the AX8 the FIRST time it is connected to a USB port (especially when Google Chrome is running) on a Windows PC.
Joe, since you already passed the first connect of the AX8 loooong time ago you wont see the issue.
And for me now it seems like Windows recognize my AX8 regardless of Google Chrome running or not.

Bizarre. I wonder what Chrome is doing with the MIDI port. The AX8 uses the standard WIndows MIDI driver.

Can confirm, same story here: The first time (after every reboot? I haven't been yet able to confirm) that you run AX8 Edit you must make sure that Chrome has quit, otherwise AX8 Edit won't connect to the AX8. After it's worked once there are no more issues - even with Chrome running. Not sure why, but Chrome has a USB API so it's likely that there's some kind of interference somehow.

Thanks Dan for the tip, I thought I was going crazy :)

i had the same problem, then it went away after a combination of rebooting pc and ax8. weeks later it's back.

i unplugged the ax8 from the usb 3 port and plugged it into a usb 2 port and it works fine now. go figure.

I've only been having connectivity issues sense the new update. Seems that if I have the ax8 powered on prior to opening ax8 edit I get an issue. Power cycle the unit while leaving ax8 edit on, all is well again. Never a problem prior to the most recent update. --> MacBook OS X Yosemite

The only think that works fine for me is switching on AX8 and only then plugging the USB cable, if I try the other way round the Mac doesn't recognize it...
I'm running fw 5.01 > MB Pro OS X Sierra

Back
Top Bottom