AX8 As Standalone Head as well as Through Effects Loop

Rmichael

I’m considering purchasing the AX8. However, I want to know if I have the ability to run the AX8 as a standalone head as well as through the effects loop the of another head. To clarify, I want to run the AX8 into a Radial Headbone VT and then out of the Radial to a single speaker cabinet for one rig option.

At the same time I’d like to use the 4-cable method and run the AX8 out into another amp head to use the AX8 for as an effects processor when switching to the other amp head.

Can anyone think of a reason why this would not work?

Ryan

I thought about that. I’m using a powered cabinet so I want to be able to switch between (2) preamps to a single, common powered cabinet.

Thanks for the reply!

I thought about that. I’m using a powered cabinet so I want to be able to switch between (2) preamps to a single, common powered cabinet.

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for clarifying. That situation is simple, put the preamp in the AX8 fx loop. No need for the radial as you could select between the FX loop and an AX8 amp block with scenes on the AX8 and feed the AX8 out straight to the powered speaker.

I've never used an effects loop before...lol. In order to do this correctly so I can just switch off my rack preamp through the AX8, do I use the effects "send" on the rack preamp and connect that cable to the "return" on the AX8? What would the proper "complete" connection chain be? I apologize, I've always just ran effects into the front of my amplifier in the past.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom