Ax8 4cm

i just got my ax8 a couple of days ago but I had a tough time deciding between the ax8 and the fx8. I mostly play at church with a tube amp miced up in ISO box and have great tone and am super happy. I needed to upgrade some delays reverbs and stuff and instead of going the strymon route I was gonna get the fx8 and and run it into amp or 4cm. I figured for a few hundred bucks more just get the ax8 and have the amp models and just run it for effects only if I wanted to it seems they are quite different when running with an amp. So my question is who runs it either straight in or 4cm and are completely happy using it just for effects? Is the noise/hiss too annoying or loud? Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Back in time i had axe fx 2 with mesa triaxis&2:90(4 CM). It was as quiet as it can get. No noise was added. Lately when i dont use axe fx xl, i play ax8 with handwired vox. (No 4CM, ax8 plugged infront of vox). Again clean, no noise and great quality fx. Fx8 will color less and is designed for 4cm but i dont feel like ax8 is getting any mojo from my amp or guitar tone...

Back
Top Bottom