AX8 4CM output levels

Alainarose

Inspired
Hi. Long time Fractal user and I recently acquired a Friedman BE100 head. I am using the AX8 in the 4CM with the BE100. Pre effects are PEQ (mid boost), phaser, flanger and post effects are chorus, delay, reverb. My question is what are the ideal settings for the 2 output level controls? Should both be set as high as possible as a standard? I am also using humbuster cables. I don't have noise as I don't even run a gate with the BE100 even on a the HBE settings. I am just wondering the ideal setting if there is one before you start to overdrive things? Is it all to taste and all amps are different in achieving unity gain? Robert

Out 2 is usually set all the way up for Unity gain, but know that drive or boost types as Pre will put it over Unity gain. this is fine as they are usually meant to be louder, but keep it in mind.

Out 1 needs to be judged case by case, as that is the amp's preamp coming through and back out to the power amp section again. so depending on the amp's effects loop and other controls, Out 1 may have to be set low or high.

use the vertical VU meters in the Setup>Utility menu to judge things.

Hi. Long time Fractal user and I recently acquired a Friedman BE100 head. I am using the AX8 in the 4CM with the BE100. Pre effects are PEQ (mid boost), phaser, flanger and post effects are chorus, delay, reverb. My question is what are the ideal settings for the 2 output level controls? Should both be set as high as possible as a standard? I am also using humbuster cables. I don't have noise as I don't even run a gate with the BE100 even on a the HBE settings. I am just wondering the ideal setting if there is one before you start to overdrive things? Is it all to taste and all amps are different in achieving unity gain? Robert
I use out 1 and 2 on max on my jvm 410 4 cm.no problem at all

Back
Top Bottom