Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Went through it some more today. Engaging CS2 definitely brought the cleans up a bit. For many that was enough. On a few (mostly Fenders) I brought the amp block up a bit and that helped too. Excellent work on these! Having a tough time deciding what’ll be my main presets right now!

A little update for you guys....

1) All TonePacks are on sale (discount) until midnight December 30th. Discounted amount is $79 for LiveGold, Naked Amps, and Brit Rock #1 (Led Zep albums I to IV). The 200+ Bass TonePack is discounted to $69.

2) No AustinBuddy TonePacks are yet updated to the very recent, new Axe-FX III firmware 21 public release, and thus are not updated either for any forthcoming corresponding other unit new firmwares (that will soon follow from Fractal Audio for FM9 and FM3 to mirror the III).

Before I update all the TonePacks, need all three units to align firmware-wise before I will put in the volume of work to create a complete update. All TonePack updates will be free and show up in your account on my website when available.

I don't control the timing of the firmwares of course. Wiill start working on updating LiveGold for the III next week into December, and when complete it should port of easily to the FM9 and FM3, once those firmwares catch up to the III.

So it may be very early 2023, or with luck I can get LiveGold out by Christmas/New Years, IF all the FM9 and FM3 firmwares line up by/before then.

Then I'll start on updating 1400+ Naked Amps into early 2023, then 200+ Bass, and last, Brit Rock Royalty #1. Every TonePack gets updated at least once a year, if new firmware comes out.

Wanna be brave and try new firmware with existing presets? You CAN try to use the presets under new firmwares before an update, but be aware the LEVELS can change with Cygnus X2. For Example some Marshalls may sound louder and hit the "red" now, or some Class A amps may seem a little quieter. So you'd have to adjust for that yourself.

If you want to be brave and try that, PLEASE back up your banks in FractalBot first on your existing firmware BEFORE updating to new firmware (and keep a copy of the preexisting firmware handy), to protect the preset amp settings. The Cygnus X2 firmware installation can overwrite/change presets custom amp block values I made in the current Cygnus X1 available version, such as Lo Input EQ in the amp block - those will get zero'd out or reset in Cygnus X2!

3) You can still use LiveGold, Naked Amps, Brit Rock and 200+ Bass on the firmwares that existed before Cygnus X2 without any issues, that is up to 20.04 for the III, 5.03 for the FM3, and 3.00 for the FM9. This is true even if they were made for firmware 20.01 like Naked Amps was.

4) With all this, for now am going to temporarily suspend on-going work on my 1000+ FX Warehouse forthcoming effects block TonePack, given beta work and likely TonePack updates, but that TonePack WILL happen/be released in first half of 2023.

Hope everyone has great holidays!

1) All TonePacks are on sale (discount) until midnight December 30th. Discounted amount is $79 for LiveGold, Naked Amps, and Brit Rock #1 (Led Zep albums I to IV). The 200+ Bass TonePack is discounted to $69.

2) No AustinBuddy TonePacks are yet updated to the very recent, new Axe-FX III firmware 21 public release, and thus are not updated either for any forthcoming corresponding other unit new firmwares (that will soon follow from Fractal Audio for FM9 and FM3 to mirror the III).

Before I update all the TonePacks, need all three units to align firmware-wise before I will put in the volume of work to create a complete update. All TonePack updates will be free and show up in your account on my website when available.

I don't control the timing of the firmwares of course. Wiill start working on updating LiveGold for the III next week into December, and when complete it should port of easily to the FM9 and FM3, once those firmwares catch up to the III.

So it may be very early 2023, or with luck I can get LiveGold out by Christmas/New Years, IF all the FM9 and FM3 firmwares line up by/before then.

Then I'll start on updating 1400+ Naked Amps into early 2023, then 200+ Bass, and last, Brit Rock Royalty #1. Every TonePack gets updated at least once a year, if new firmware comes out.

Wanna be brave and try new firmware with existing presets? You CAN try to use the presets under new firmwares before an update, but be aware the LEVELS can change with Cygnus X2. For Example some Marshalls may sound louder and hit the "red" now, or some Class A amps may seem a little quieter. So you'd have to adjust for that yourself.

If you want to be brave and try that, PLEASE back up your banks in FractalBot first on your existing firmware BEFORE updating to new firmware (and keep a copy of the preexisting firmware handy), to protect the preset amp settings. The Cygnus X2 firmware installation can overwrite/change presets custom amp block values I made in the current Cygnus X1 available version, such as Lo Input EQ in the amp block - those will get zero'd out or reset in Cygnus X2!

3) You can still use LiveGold, Naked Amps, Brit Rock and 200+ Bass on the firmwares that existed before Cygnus X2 without any issues, that is up to 20.04 for the III, 5.03 for the FM3, and 3.00 for the FM9. This is true even if they were made for firmware 20.01 like Naked Amps was.

4) With all this, for now am going to temporarily suspend on-going work on my 1000+ FX Warehouse forthcoming effects block TonePack, given beta work and likely TonePack updates, but that TonePack WILL happen/be released in first half of 2023.

Thank you for this update, I thought of you and felt bad for you right away when this update came out..

Just FYI, I'm starting to update Bank 1 marshalls to public release 21 this weekend, just did the Brit Pre-amps. Will roll through these over next 2+ weeks and report back.

Should be before Christmas I can do a "partial release" of Bank 1 LiveGold Marshall-style amps.

Gonna be after Christmas for the LiveGold Bank 1 (Marshall-styles) partial update. I have to fix too many things the new firmware reset away from my chosen values (like amp Input EQ) and ajust for firmware shifts. LiveGold Bank 1 should be done though by Jan. 1-2 though no problem and will be put into your download accounts when ready.

I'm out for a week for the holidays, but have work through the Marshalls and starting on the Friedmans. I can do about 30 presets a day (times four scenes = 120 sounds) but have to rest my ears for an hour or two after 10-15 presets, else they start "lying to me." ;)

If you use the LiveGold from 20.x on firmware 21, I can tell you this for the Marshalls in Bank 1 (may NOT apply for other amps).

These tips can help you update your existing 20.x LiveGold presets if you update to new firmware -- you will have a sense of why they might sound different. This info only applies to the Marshall amp models though, those are the only one's I've check in detail, one-by-one. Could be different for Class A amps etc.

- the presets will be louder than they were on 20.04. On most amps I have to re-level downward to -1 or -2db for amp LEVEL.

- The gain or power amps scaling may have shifted some (meaning, the gain that was 6 in 20.04 may now need to be something like 6.5 or 7... this especially true if the 20.x amp gain was between 4 and 6)).

- there is very good string separation on 21.01 - maybe the best we've had yet. If you don't like that or it feels stiffer to you playing-wise, move the speaker compression up from 1.0 to 2.0 or so. I'm mostly leaving at 1.0 but sometimes I will kick it up a little.

- some presets may have more treble. I am having to turn the presence back on some (first) and sometimes treble.

- almost all Marshalls from 20.04 will have more bass in 21.01. I am dialing back the Thump from 2 or 2.5 to 1 or 1.5 settings now, AND using more Lo Cut in the cab block too from 125Hz to 150Hz. have to change all those values, by preset.

- On lead tones (Scene 4/8) and some rhythm tones, I am having to re-input Amp Input EQ low cut values that were in 20.x, are sometimes just using usually 100Hz. The firmware resets these to default amp values, which (will accurate to real life) will make the tone too bassy or mushy for loud live playing.

I am having to do all of those adjustments while playing, with loudness above 92db. But I am on it!

Some other good news - I am able to retire from my day job Jan. 13th and will be doing AustinBuddy work full time, thereafter. Gaining those 8 hours a day back in my life will help me turn around this kind of stuff twice as fast as in prior years. And, hopefully, give me new bandwidth to work on some new products you guys have told me you wanted for Spring/Summer 2023. Cheers!

Gonna be after Christmas for the LiveGold Bank 1 (Marshall-styles) partial update. I have to fix too many things the new firmware reset away from my chosen values (like amp Input EQ) and ajust for firmware shifts. LiveGold Bank 1 should be done though by Jan. 1-2 though no problem and will be put into your download accounts when ready.

I'm out for a week for the holidays, but have work through the Marshalls and starting on the Friedmans. I can do about 30 presets a day (times four scenes = 120 sounds) but have to rest my ears for an hour or two after 10-15 presets, else they start "lying to me." ;)

If you use the LiveGold from 20.x on firmware 21, I can tell you this for the Marshalls in Bank 1 (may NOT apply for other amps).

These tips can help you update your existing 20.x LiveGold presets if you update to new firmware -- you will have a sense of why they might sound different. This info only applies to the Marshall amp models though, those are the only one's I've check in detail, one-by-one. Could be different for Class A amps etc.

- the presets will be louder than they were on 20.04. On most amps I have to re-level downward to -1 or -2db for amp LEVEL.

- The gain or power amps scaling may have shifted some (meaning, the gain that was 6 in 20.04 may now need to be something like 6.5 or 7... this especially true if the 20.x amp gain was between 4 and 6)).

- there is very good string separation on 21.01 - maybe the best we've had yet. If you don't like that or it feels stiffer to you playing-wise, move the speaker compression up from 1.0 to 2.0 or so. I'm mostly leaving at 1.0 but sometimes I will kick it up a little.

- some presets may have more treble. I am having to turn the presence back on some (first) and sometimes treble.

- almost all Marshalls from 20.04 will have more bass in 21.01. I am dialing back the Thump from 2 or 2.5 to 1 or 1.5 settings now, AND using more Lo Cut in the cab block too from 125Hz to 150Hz. have to change all those values, by preset.

- On lead tones (Scene 4/8) and some rhythm tones, I am having to re-input Amp Input EQ low cut values that were in 20.x, are sometimes just using usually 100Hz. The firmware resets these to default amp values, which (will accurate to real life) will make the tone too bassy or mushy for loud live playing.

I am having to do all of those adjustments while playing, with loudness above 92db. But I am on it!

Some other good news - I am able to retire from my day job Jan. 13th and will be doing AustinBuddy work full time, thereafter. Gaining those 8 hours a day back in my life will help me turn around this kind of stuff twice as fast as in prior years. And, hopefully, give me new bandwidth to work on some new products you guys have told me you wanted for Spring/Summer 2023. Cheers!
Thanks for this, Buddy. Just reading your detailed explanation is a learning opportunity.

I've added a Dec.2022 zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with just the Marshall Amps that are in LiveGold Bank 1, all updated to the latest public firmwares.

The fully update LIveGold Bank 1 should be ready by Jan. 1-2 of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

I've added a Dec.2022 zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with just the Marshall Amps that are in LiveGold Bank 1, all updated to the latest public firmwares.

The fully updated LIveGold Bank 1 should be ready by Jan. 1-2 of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

The fully update LiveGold Bank 1 should be ready by Jan. 1-2 of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

The fully update LiveGold Bank 1 should be ready by Jan. 1-2 of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

you r like a father figure to me

Back
Top Bottom