AX-Edit not communicating

Princevassago

For a few days now, every time I try to work on patches, There seems to be a problem with communication between my AX8 and the editor. The green checkmark indicating that it is connected is there, but I get a pop up window stating, "AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version: query_sys_info

For a few days now, every time I try to work on patches, There seems to be a problem with communication between my AX8 and the editor. The green checkmark indicating that it is connected is there, but I get a pop up window stating, "AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version: query_sys_info

I just went through the same issue. I wanted to update to the latest firmware offering, and I was prompted to upgrade AX8-Edit which was needed to work with the new AX8 firmware. In my case, I determined I had corrupt files on the AX8-Edit install. Fractal-Bot still worked on the windows machine, but I kept getting the same error "Query device version: query_sys_info" I turned to my Mac and installed everything on it and then I was able to communicate again with the AX8. I then went back to the PC I had been working with and uninstalled everything, rebooted and did a fresh reinstall of AX-Edit (instead of an update install) along with Fractal-Bot and now both platforms are working. I hope this helps.

I had this issue yesterday. I unplugged the AX8 and turned if off and back on. Reconnected and the problem went away. This was on a Mac with latest updates in Axe-edit and AX8.

I had this issue yesterday. I unplugged the AX8 and turned if off and back on. Reconnected and the problem went away. This was on a Mac with latest updates in Axe-edit and AX8.
I had the issue today on a Windows 10 machine. I did the identical fix and all was well.

Had the same issue. Just uninstalled everything, restarted my computer and then reinstalled everything and haven't had an issue since. *knocks on wood*

I disconnected my USB-hub and the problem went away.
Unplugging the AX8 and turning if off and back on did not help.

I m having this issue as well. Reinstalling the AX8 edit did not help. Any other idea much appreciated
disconnect/disable your computer from the internet when connected to axe edit. that works for me 100% of the time, try it hopefully that helps.

Hi, I'm a new Fractal Axe 2 XL+ owner from today, but unfortunetly I have a problem with Axe Edit - It doesn't connect to my MacBook or Windows computer also. In Axe Edit settings it shows Axe FX 2 Midi IN/OUT but it's still disconnected. I treid already 4 different cables i 3 different computers. Please help me. Is this necessery to connect Axe via Midi Cables? I suppose it should work just via USB cable

Hi, I'm a new Fractal Axe 2 XL+ owner from today, but unfortunetly I have a problem with Axe Edit - It doesn't connect to my MacBook or Windows computer also. In Axe Edit settings it shows Axe FX 2 Midi IN/OUT but it's still disconnected. I treid already 4 different cables i 3 different computers. Please help me. Is this necessery to connect Axe via Midi Cables? I suppose it should work just via USB cable
did you install the USB Drivers?

do you use Chrome browser?
Chris please note that when I reconnect my computer to the internet it will give me the same problems within a few clicks or changes but once I disconnect again, Im back in buisness. why I have no idea I just know it works for me and thank God cause it was getting frusturating. I am able to download patches if needed but once i start clicking around it gives me the same errors. I am using Vista, and firefox I hope that helps you.

I was having this issue most of last week...re downloaded everything.but still same pop ups on the screen...finally I try a different usb cable & BAM....that was it...into the garbage it went...I thought it was the unit itself or my old laptop haha

I was even making sure to have the wifi turned off as I had read how being hooked up to the internet could be an issue & initially I was hooked up to the signal from my wireless mixer but now it makes no difference its working as intended thankfully :)

Back
Top Bottom