AX-8 unable to connect with USB or MIDI to AX8-Edit

Blackwing

Hello everyone, I recently got an AX-8 that had an issue with the USB not connecting to AX8-Edit. I thought I'd be able to take it to a tech to fix it but there are issues:

• USB will not connect to the edit software, but MIDI can. However, MIDI will still result in a connection timeout issue
  • I've tried the "terminate chrome" thing that some others have said would work
  • The person I brought it to determined that the port itself has no issues, but we are still unable to get it to connect
  • I have tried two different MIDI to USB cables and two different USB cables on all the ports of my laptop

Please advise. I've contacted Fractal for help on this but they have not gotten back to me yet. If anyone has schematics on the AX-8 that would help too.

For a USB to USB connection to work for me I have to go through the connection sequence once, then with AXE-Edit still running (saying not connected) I have to power down the AX-8 and when it restarts it connects.... worth a try..

For a USB to USB connection to work for me I have to go through the connection sequence once, then with AXE-Edit still running (saying not connected) I have to power down the AX-8 and when it restarts it connects.... worth a try..
Still doesn't work with USB at all, MIDI faces connection timeouts still

The AX8 has to be powered up before the AX8-Edit software will recognize it.

Also check your USB cable. I use USB 3.0 to connect. If you're using an older USB 2.0 connection that may be a problem. But not sure about the latter as I've only used USB 3.0.

I have my AX8 connected via USB 3.0 to my AX8-Edit sofware. I also have my AX8 connected via XLR output 1 to my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
I also have my AX8 connected to my RedSound Elis 8 FRFR speakers using FAS Humbucker TRS-TS cables.

Everything seems to be working fine.

I use Windows 10. Sometimes a change in operating system will cause your AX8-Edit software to malfunction unless the settings in the O/S are updatted in accordance.

Dsouza
www.AdrianDsouzaRocks.com

Back
Top Bottom