Awful delay/echo with the Intelligent noise gate in the input block?

Joshua_L

Experienced
Hi!

I wonder if anyone got this problem and why there is this awful kind of delay/echo, it unfortunately makes the option unusable.

Here's a clip same settings but intelligent then classic.

Is it a bug or something?

Thanks

There are a couple gates in my DAW that'll inadvertently open a second time after closing, causing a somewhat similar issue.

It depends on the material and the internal workings of the gate, particularly what frequencies it's looking at.

If this isn't a bug, this might account for what you're experiencing. But I'd definitely try playing with the settings a bit more. I wouldn't expect both gates to work equally well with the exact settings, that is.

Hi!

I wonder if anyone got this problem and why there is this awful kind of delay/echo, it unfortunately makes the option unusable.

Here's a clip same settings but intelligent then classic.

Is it a bug or something?

Thanks

What are your settings. There is a known scenario where the Intelligent Gate can cause artifacts depending on how it's set.

Yeah I think extreme settings can cause artifacts like that. The gate is bouncing open and closed super fast giving that stuttering effect. Try raising the release time or reducing the ratio a little bit

What are your settings. There is a known scenario where the Intelligent Gate can cause artifacts depending on how it's set.
intelligent type
Threshlod -51.5
Ratio : 2
Attack : 1ms ( 2ms product exactly the same)
Release 100ms

in my post I just changed from intelligent to Classic so classic are the same settings.

Yeah I think extreme settings can cause artifacts like that. The gate is bouncing open and closed super fast giving that stuttering effect. Try raising the release time or reducing the ratio a little bit
That's more or less the factory settings

I would also make sure you have the noise suppression/reduction turned off in the input block. I found some issues when forgetting that was on and adding a gate.

Switch from the Intelligent Gate to the Classic Gate. This is generally what I do.
that's what I do for now but bot as efficient as intelligent.

I would also make sure you have the noise suppression/reduction turned off in the input block. I found some issues when forgetting that was on and adding a gate.
that's happening with the inout block noise gate

From the FM9 fw6 release notes (same as AF3):

"Improved Intelligent and Noise Reducer gate types in the Input block to eliminate the slight “squeaking” sound as the gate releases
when using aggressive settings."

I'm thinking that the fix is coming soon in the next fw release for FM3.

From the FM9 fw6 release notes (same as AF3):

"Improved Intelligent and Noise Reducer gate types in the Input block to eliminate the slight “squeaking” sound as the gate releases
when using aggressive settings."

I'm thinking that the fix is coming soon in the next fw release for FM3.
Thanks!!!

Guess that make me want that update even more lol

So bad thing for a good thing, the noise gate problem made me want to redo all my guitar wiring and shielding to see if it helps.

I’ve spent hours on it but it’s nearly dead silent.

So I have switch back to classic option and don’t have this problem anymore.

Back
Top Bottom