AFIII Awesome Greenback Tones with the York Audio KW 412 M25 IR Pack

The Raven

Inspired

I made this quick little video a few weeks back and completely forgot to post it here like I intended to. I know most everyone is swooning over the Dyna-Cabs right now, but I’m still very firmly loving the tones from more traditional IR packs like this one from our very own @York Audio.

V30’s are my go-to for 90% of things and thats the sound I’m most used to, but these Greenback’s are absolutely killer and i’m still really enjoying this pack. To be fair, I pretty much instantly buy every pack that Justin makes, but this one has been especially surprising. I feel like it works really well for a wide variety of sounds, even though I have usually only associated 25 watt Greenbacks with classic rock tones.

Feel free to skip to 2:00 to jump to the guitar tones. I hope you guys dig the sounds I got here.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

I made this quick little video a few weeks back and completely forgot to post it here like I intended to. I know most everyone is swooning over the Dyna-Cabs right now, but I’m still very firmly loving the tones from more traditional IR packs like this one from our very own @York Audio.

V30’s are my go-to for 90% of things and thats the sound I’m most used to, but these Greenback’s are absolutely killer and i’m still really enjoying this pack. I feel like it works really well for a wide variety of sounds, even though I have usually only associated 25 watt Greenbacks with classic rock tones.

Feel free to skip to 2:00 to jump to the guitar tones. I hope you guys dig the sounds I got here.

Great demo. Could you share the presets too so we can get that actual sound too when we purchase?

Great demo. Could you share the presets too so we can get that actual sound too when we purchase?
Thanks! The IRs are doing most of the heavy lifting as far as the sound goes, but I’ve been toying with the idea of making my presets/IR mix recipes a Patreon benefit since someone suggested I do that (YouTube pays me nothing despite running ads on my videos since I haven't met the required sub count). I haven't set that up just yet, so I can post this one here as is since it is a pretty simple multi-amp preset. Obviously, you'll have to buy the pack and load in the respective IR mixes that are listed in the video, and the sounds are dialed in for the guitars seen in the video, but hopefully it inspires you/whoever else is interested.

Also, side note, just in case someone unfamiliar with me or York Audio stumbles across this: I have 0 affiliation with York Audio. I'm just a guitar nerd who thinks Justin makes the best IR's for my personal tastes.

Attachments

• YA KW 4x12 Demo v1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
Thanks! The IRs are doing most of the heavy lifting as far as the sound goes, but I’ve been toying with the idea of making my presets/IR mix recipes a Patreon benefit since someone suggested I do that (YouTube pays me nothing despite running ads on my videos since I haven't met the required sub count). I haven't set that up just yet, so I can post this one here as is since it is a pretty simple multi-amp preset. Obviously, you'll have to buy the pack and load in the respective IR mixes that are listed in the video, and the sounds are dialed in for the guitars seen in the video, but hopefully it inspires you/whoever else is interested.

Also, side note, just in case someone unfamiliar with me or York Audio stumbles across this: I have 0 affiliation with York Audio. I'm just a guitar nerd who thinks Justin makes the best IR's for my personal tastes.

Thank you!

V30’s are my go-to for 90% of things and thats the sound I’m most used to, but these Greenback’s are absolutely killer and i’m still really enjoying this pack. To be fair, I pretty much instantly buy every pack that Justin makes, but this one has been especially surprising. I feel like it works really well for a wide variety of sounds, even though I have usually only associated 25 watt Greenbacks with classic rock tones.

I always love your videos and hearing what you do with these IRs. Thank you so much for the kind words, great playing, great tones, and down-to-Earth attitude.

I’m right there with you on this pack. I have several favorite packs, but this one ends up being the one I end up playing through more than any of the others. I love that cab so much that I ended up convincing Scott to sell it to me, and it’s one I’ll never part with.

I like it. Focused and taste midrange. Can you get a link on this pack?
You can find it here:
https://www.yorkaudio.co/

It’s the KW 412 M25-SH pack. :)

I always love your videos and hearing what you do with these IRs. Thank you so much for the kind words, great playing, great tones, and down-to-Earth attitude.

I’m right there with you on this pack. I have several favorite packs, but this one ends up being the one I end up playing through more than any of the others. I love that cab so much that I ended up convincing Scott to sell it to me, and it’s one I’ll never part with.

You can find it here:
https://www.yorkaudio.co/

It’s the KW 412 M25-SH pack. :)
Thanks, Justin! I’m glad I at least somewhat do your products justice in these videos. This cab is definitely something special, so I’m interested in seeing what other speakers you throw in there now that it’s yours. Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s going to be an instant buy for me just like everything else.

Back
Top Bottom