Awesome blues tone...Can not get the preset to work :(

johnniz

Hi.

Just came by this: Axe Fx 2: Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing Played by Tyler Grund - YouTube and it sounds awesome.

I tried to load the preset into axe edit, and everything looks ok, however there is no sound coming out...but there are signal coming in according to the display lights.

The presets can be downloaded from Tyler Grund's Axe Fx 2 Website mainly concerning:
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing 2.0

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong (maybe have to turn the volume up somewhere), do i have to load the IR`s for the preset to work? Or maybe the preset simply does not work.

a couple things come to mind immediately. If the firmware version used to create the presets is a much older version (I'll bet the T.G. presets were made quite a while ago on older firmware) then improvements and changes due to recent firmware will render them fairly useless if YOUR AXEFX is not on the same firmware version. If you are on firmware 15 or 16 (most recent), than this will be the case.

Bypass the cab block to see if signal passes. Any time you are uploading a preset that uses specific USER CABINET IRs, you need to make sure that the User IR is loaded onto your AxeFx and located in the User cab block list properly as intended by the creator of the preset. Otherwise, if the preset is looking to locate a User IR where there is none, you'll get no sound.

It may have an IR that you don't have loaded on your Axe. Try going into the Cab block and switching the Cab choice to something else.

There might be a modifier attached to a parameter somewhere in the preset to control volume with a pedal, check for that as well :)

If I recall correctly he uses a volume or filter block somewhere in that patch, that is set to be controlled by a foot pedal. I think I just shunted it, but you can change the value and get sound out. If you can't get it working, I have a tweaked version that I need to update the reverb on. It won't sound the same as his due to all the changes, as I switched out the cabs as well. It will still be a good blues tone however.

I loaded up the patches to have a look at them. There is indeed a filter block, but there are no modifiers attached to it. But, they do use cabs from the user slots, so you need to either change the cab to one of the factory cabs, or upload some IR's to the user slots, specifically slot U002 :)

Back
Top Bottom