Awaiting delivery of my new Axe-Fx II

TrustNoShadows

Hey, guys. I'm a new user-to-be. My baby gets here on Friday!

I sold my Elmwood M90 to help fund the axe. It was my first "real" amp, and my only amp for the past 8 years. I wanted to try something new and decided to sell it in August. I committed to go digital, and to go Fractal in October. The M90 sold 2 weeks ago. I got the rest of the cash and ordered on Thursday. Now...I wait.

As excited as I THINK I am (which is very stoked), I know it's going to blow my mind and exceed expectations.

Make sure you sit down and buckle up before you play your first note when you get it hooked up!!!!!!!! welcome to the club!

Mine will be here either Friday or Monday. I'm not patient. Waiting is not something I'm good at lol.

Stoked for you and for me too...post up what you think of it and how easy you feel it is to get a good tone with just a stocker preset. Congratulations!

Mine will be here either Friday or Monday. I'm not patient. Waiting is not something I'm good at lol.

Stoked for you and for me too...post up what you think of it and how easy you feel it is to get a good tone with just a stocker preset. Congratulations!

are you up grading or new to axe? with a 2012 membership that is a lot of waiting!! good luck!!

I hear you guys.

I put in my order for an XL back on Jan 22.
With the change over to the XL+ the delivery is taking a bit longer but I'm ok with that.
The Aussie distributor is expecting delivery in mid April and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Enjoy your units when they get there, I'll be a little bit jealous until I get mine.

I'm a patient person...but this is going to be a looong week. I'll definitely report back with impressions and maybe even record some clips. I was reading JMA's Amp & Cab guide and the possibilities are mind blowing.

As much as I loved my tube amp, I just didn't have the equipment or knowledge to properly record it AND make the recordings sound good.

make sure you spend lots of "quality time" with your wife between now and Friday...because as of Friday she's gonna feel like a widow! ;-)

I'm a patient person...but this is going to be a looong week. I'll definitely report back with impressions and maybe even record some clips. I was reading JMA's Amp & Cab guide and the possibilities are mind blowing.

As much as I loved my tube amp, I just didn't have the equipment or knowledge to properly record it AND make the recordings sound good.

Good.

READ THE MANUAL.

And welcome to the party!

Wow...wow....wow! This device is amazing. It's actually inspiring me to play more. My fingers are raw and sore. It's allowing me to focus on playing instead trying to get a good sound.

The stock presets are good. Front panel tweaking is a lot easier and quicker than I expected. I'm even able to get tones very similar to the Elmwood I sold. I'm using a little Tascam DP008 for recording, so easy.

I'm also using some Etymotic ER4Ps (27 ohms) and it sounds great, no need for a headphone amp.

Wow...wow....wow! This device is amazing. It's actually inspiring me to play more. My fingers are raw and sore. It's allowing me to focus on playing instead trying to get a good sound.

The stock presets are good. Front panel tweaking is a lot easier and quicker than I expected. I'm even able to get tones very similar to the Elmwood I sold. I'm using a little Tascam DP008 for recording, so easy.

I'm also using some Etymotic ER4Ps (27 ohms) and it sounds great, no need for a headphone amp.

I believe you picked a particularly good time to buy an Axe Fx. FW18 is phenomenal. Like you, I find myself being inspired to play more. I lose myself, and next thing I know, I've been playing guitar for an hour, but it feels like only 5 minutes.

make sure you spend lots of "quality time" with your wife between now and Friday...because as of Friday she's gonna feel like a widow! ;-)

That's is the truth. My wife gets a little annoyed when I spend so much time playing guitar.

Coincidentally, she's from the same area that you are in Downingtown, PA.

Cool which amps are you finding do the Elmwood tone the M90s was Kt88 was it not ??

It did rock a pair of KT88s. I can get the Friedman pretty close to how I dialed the Elmwood. Doesn't feel like I lost anything in the selling the M90 ha.

Good.

READ THE MANUAL.

And welcome to the party!

+1000000000000

Every day until it arrives. Then after a week with the unit, read it again. The manual will make a little more sense. Then after another week with the unit, read it again. It will make a little more sense.

Also, always read the "Release Notes" that come with the Firmware updates.

+1000000000000

Every day until it arrives. Then after a week with the unit, read it again. The manual will make a little more sense. Then after another week with the unit, read it again. It will make a little more sense.

Also, always read the "Release Notes" that come with the Firmware updates.

Good tip right there. I've been using the Axe FX for years but with time I'll forget about some of the cool options, features or short cuts that I may not use as frequently.

Welcome to all new users! And bear in mind - while most new users are blown away the second they plug in for the first time, if that's not your experience with it, don't give up on it. Ask some questions here on the forum, as there are a lot of people who have gone through the same learning curve and will be more than happy to help point you in the right direction. Again, welcome!

Back
Top Bottom