Avenged Sevenfold Bass Player Joins Fractal Land

DXMG503

Johnny Christ of Avenged Sevenfold told me tonight that he is using Fractal on the road now, and the SVT-2 is the base for his tone (I still really want that Gallien-Krueger 2001RB added tho).

Super cool guy. Great player. I’m excited to see if he puts out any cab IRs or presets, or does his own endorsement video!

I actually had a question about the SVT model for anyone in the know about the models. Would simply engaging the bright switch on the model be equivalent to plugging into the bright input on an SVT head? Fractal blows away Helix in guitar world but I am struggling to recreate the parallel bass chain I have on Helix using the SVT normal and SVT bright amp models.

I actually had a question about the SVT model for anyone in the know about the models. Would simply engaging the bright switch on the model be equivalent to plugging into the bright input on an SVT head? Fractal blows away Helix in guitar world but I am struggling to recreate the parallel bass chain I have on Helix using the SVT normal and SVT bright amp models.
I haven’t found any info about this so far. I think it’s unknown which version of the SVT was modelled for the Fractal.
I’m sure you could try it! You could also research what that input is doing on the original and try to recreate it.

Last edited:
I saw them last night, outstanding show and like I said in another post after they started touring, I was surprised at how much is actually Syn playing and not a synth. Can’t wait to see the rundown of their rigs and how they’re doing it all up. Only a couple EV-1’s onstage. If someone told me they’re 100% AxeFX I’d easily believe it.

We're working on putting a video together with their rigs and tones.
Looking forward to this! Hopefully we can see some of the magic for Nobody, Mattel, Cosmic (although not currently played live) and others. Would be awesome if they released a new cab pack or preset pack, assuming it isn’t the same set of cabs they currently sell.

In the meantime, we have the Synyster Gates Gift of Tone, which came with a Hellwin IR. I'm playing with it right now, working on learning Hail to the King, and the cab is chefs kiss
His cab packs are totally worth buying IMO.

The Gift of Tone is interesting. Looking at the EQ moves they made, I really wonder what led to them. The graphic EQ for fine tuning makes sense, but what they did with the main EQ is stuff I never would have started with. Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom