Ave Edit is making me lol...

rickbarclay

Inspired
...in frustration, of course.

What I am attempting to do is to catalog the different results I get when I change certain effects within a sampled preset.
This requires me to save the preset under a different name for each change. I've been renaming the presets 0, 0a, 0b, 0c, etc., etc.,
down the line for each change that I want to save. However, sometimes the Fractal Bot program will save a preset with a parenthetical;
for example 0a might be saved as 0a(1)...0a(2), or whatever. So now, instead of having one saved preset 0a, I have three saved presets
0a, 0a(1) and 0a(2). The problem I'm having arises when I want to upload 0a(2), since it's the most recent update. When I tell Fractal Bot
to upload 0a(2) into the Axe FX, I get an on-screen A-OK that the preset has been successfully transferred, BUT Axe Edit shows that preset
0a is loaded, not 0a(2). And the not-so-funny thing is that no matter what I rename the 0a(2) preset:0a1, for example, the preset will only show
up in Axe Edit as 0a.

This is kind of frustrating, and I really don't want to waste the time checking to see if the changes I made to 0a(2) were updated into the preset
that refuses to be listed as anything other than 0a. But that's probably what I will do next. But I just thought I'd mention this here in the hope that
someone knows what's going on, because I sure don't. I don't have any problems with the other presets listed as 0b, 0c, 0d,...etc., right on up the line--
as long as they haven't been saved with a parenthetical by Axe Edit/Fractal Bot.

Thanks for any info on this.

Why not save using Axe-Edit , hit Export. Unless you said Fractal-Bot by accident?

Hopefully it won't make the () values, but that seems to be more of an OS same name thing rather than the software.

I've always used FB because I like it, and there are a few things about Axe-Edit that I don't like. But I just tried the
Export function in AE after tweaking the preset, and there was no parentheses. So, maybe I should use Axe-Edit for my
purposes. It sure seems easier than loading Fractal Bot. Thanks, Chris.

While you're online, let me ask you something else: those ultra rez cabs included in the FW updates are mostly the same
time after time. Do they need to be copied into the cab directory each time you update?

Let me say it another way. My bad. Every time there's a FW update, there also is a directory with ultra res files included with that
update. Most if not all those cab files have been included in previous FW updates in which I manually uploaded them into the Axe FX.
So, say there is a FW 19 update which includes a directory of cab files with the same name as all those cab files I previously uploaded.
Can I ignore them or are they updated files which need to replace the files I previously uploaded? I'm not only confused by the present
system, but I think there should be some kind of separation of new cab files from those included in prior updates. Scanning every new
update for new cabs is making my eyes go bad.

Pretty sure they are the same files for a while. I really wouldn't worry about that folder. :)

Last edited:
This is exactly the kind of thing the Snapshot button in Axe-Edit was designed for.

I think rickbarclay*is confusing the filename with the preset name, they're 2 different things, preset name is the one you write on axe edit or directly in the axe fx and it can be different than the file name. So it's normal that when you import 0a(2) you see 0a, cause that's the preset name you saved.
Sorry if I misunderstood

I think rickbarclay*is confusing the filename with the preset name, they're 2 different things, preset name is the one you write on axe edit or directly in the axe fx and it can be different than the file name. So it's normal that when you import 0a(2) you see 0a, cause that's the preset name you saved.
Sorry if I misunderstood
i was thinking the same thing...

Back
Top Bottom