Availablity?

It's going to be close. We may slip into early December. I'll email everyone on the list when we begin programming final firmware into the units. That will signify that we're very close to stocking the store.

Can you give us an idea of how many are currently on "the list" versus how many units you anticipate having available during the first production run of the III?

Can you give us an idea of how many are currently on "the list" versus how many units you anticipate having available during the first production run of the III?

I dont think your gonna get that !!! You may shop for something else, if your not on the first list....!!

Definitely cool. Still an agonizing wait! :) Am I weird for still wanting to just use the standard ethercon cable connector? Since I have a mk II axe, it'd cut out the adapter. I know that'd be permanently mounted in my rack, but IDK, I'm weird.

Definitely cool. Still an agonizing wait! :) Am I weird for still wanting to just use the standard ethercon cable connector? Since I have a mk II axe, it'd cut out the adapter. I know that'd be permanently mounted in my rack, but IDK, I'm weird.

The description on the Shop page indicates it will still have an Ethercon port.

http://shop.fractalaudio.com/MFC_101_MIDI_Foot_Controller_p/fas006.htm said:
The Mark III is a new version with new, quiet "Solid State Switches" and a FASLINK connector which allows you to use an optional XA Adapter to connect to any Axe-Fx II over XLR instead of MIDI/Ethernet. (Availability of the XA Adapter to be announced.) The Mark III still has both MIDI and EtherCON ports and is otherwise has the same functions and features as other MFC-101 versions.

I'll be using standard ethernet myself since I have a metric-fook-ton of spares laying around from my Line6 systems, but it's good to know it will be backwards compatible for all connections.

Back
Top Bottom