auto wah with modifier

PRS Guy

Inspired
So I have been looking at the manual...say for example I wanted to program an auto-wah...would I use a modifier for that?

Everything makes good sense to my little brain until I got to the modifier section...any info is appreciated

AX8 looks awesome...cannot wait!

I love auto wah and tried wah with envelope modifier at a friend's house, and I must admit, I was very impressed with the results

Yup. They kind of walk through it on page 64 of the manual. Instead of setting control to an external controller, you would set it to the Envelope Follower controller. I experimented with this a bit when I had my Axe2, but ultimately, it was more convenient for me to set wah to an external expression pedal and use auto-engage so I could engage and dis-engage it in the most brain-dead manner possible :D
-
Austin

I think auto way and foot way are two very different things. You van never get the expressiveness of footwah with an auto way, and footwah will never be as funky as a well-dialed autowah on funk rhythm chord playing.

Thanks for the answers...the modifier stuff seems damn powerful...I reread the section and it is pretty slick. As far as the auto wah, I would use it for funky type clean rhythms not for expressive solos...

Thanks again...so cool!

I like an LFO controlled AW. It was great with my old Ultra. Hopefully that'll be an option on the AX8.

jon

Yes. There are 2 internal LFO's availabled (manual pg 65), so that won't be a problem.
-
Austin
Sweet. I'm too much of a clutz to use both hands AND a rocking wah pedal. Tapping a FS and letting the LFO do the work, esp during a hammering trill, rocks my world :D

jon

The ADSR is really great if you're looking for more 'expression' in your AW... you can have more control over how long your envelope stays open and how fast or slow it closes...

Sweet. I'm too much of a clutz to use both hands AND a rocking wah pedal. Tapping a FS and letting the LFO do the work, esp during a hammering trill, rocks my world :D

jon
I like autowah with the envelope as it tracks your picking and is not tied to the speed of an LFO

Thanks for the answers...the modifier stuff seems damn powerful...I reread the section and it is pretty slick. As far as the auto wah, I would use it for funky type clean rhythms not for expressive solos...

Thanks again...so cool!

Instead of using the Wah, i use a filter with a high Q-value and set the modifier of the frequency to envelope, consider this :)
I use it in this clip at 3:35, works great for rhythms too!

The ADSR is really great if you're looking for more 'expression' in your AW... you can have more control over how long your envelope stays open and how fast or slow it closes...

Just gave this a go today and much easier to use than the envelope filter to me.

I currently have the wah running with the LFO, but I've never used an envelope filter. How do you set it up?

Thanks!

@calleballe11 Wow sounds fantastic...great group...you all look like you are having a good time. I like when you take the solo out and back in around 4:22 - 4:26 really excellent...tasteful.

@calleballe11 Wow sounds fantastic...great group...you all look like you are having a good time. I like when you take the solo out and back in around 4:22 - 4:26 really excellent...tasteful.

Hey thanks man!! Was just trying to show you the auto-wha from the Filter block :) I forgot to mention i also used a pitch block to add an octave lower combined with a TS808Mod to make it sound a little angry!

Back
Top Bottom