"Auto" Impedance - 1st Active Block - Does an active Mixer Block Count?

I remember that there were certain blocks that did not break the auto-impedance 'Link' if put between the Input block and the Drive/Phaser block. But there didn't seem to be any obvious logic to which ones don't? Intended or overlooked, not sure?
Interesting.
If you (or anyone) runs into this in the flesh, please post back here.

I swear I checked it some time ago and it wasn't 22k like it is now.
But then again, the memory molecules are getting a bit thin and wobbly around here...
I know for a fact that it was 1M for as long as I have owned Fractal units. I used it specifically for that reason, to keep some uniformity between the different formats. This will likely affect quite a few of my presets. I may like it better, I may not? If anything, I could set the Impedance on certain Axe-Fx III presets to a fixed 1M.

I wonder how many of the drives actually match their real world impedance specs at this point.

Maybe Cliff checked them all, maybe he checked a few that people (like the folks in this thread) griped about, maybe he checked the ones he happened to have out from his project fixing low-gain behavior, who knows, and he hasn't said. I certainly don't have most of them to check myself.

Interesting.
If you (or anyone) runs into this in the flesh, please post back here.
I did a test this evening placing every possible block in active mode between Input1 and FaceFuzz to see which let the input impedance remain at 22k (Input Impedance set to "auto") - Following are the blocks that do not force the impedance back to 1M either individually or in multiples between input and a non 1M auto impedance block all on the same line.
  • IR Player
  • Looper
  • MIDI
  • MultiPlexer
  • RTA
  • TMA
  • Shunt
As mentioned above you can also have blocks other than these 7 in the chain between Input and a non 1M auto impedance block (ie FaceFuzz @ 22k) and maintain the lower impedance as long as those other blocks are not on the same line as the Input block + the 1-7 blocks listed above + the non 1M impedance block.

Back
Top Bottom