Auto Engage Wah plus other Effects

edwinstar

I want the Wah plus Delay and Overdrive to Auto Engage when i move my Spring loaded and calibrated Mission Expression Pedal.
But: When i Set all these Effects to Auto engage, the Wah behaves as expected, but the other Effects turn on and off at sort of a different Value/Place.
For ex the Wah is On as soon as i move the Pedal, but the Delay is not On until approx a quarter of the way. All modifiers have the same Auto Engage, Offset and min/Max values.
So my question is…
1.) Is this normal?
2.) Is there a better way to have multiple Efffects go on automatically when i move the Wah Pedal?
Thanks!!

You can adjust the slope of the modifier to have the blocks turn on sooner in the pedal's sweep. To get them to turn on immediately when you start to move the pedal, set 'Start' to 49.8%, 'Mid' to 75.0%, 'End' stays at 100%.

I like to se the Auto Engage to 'Slow Pos' to keep the blocks from turning off right away if I inadvertently hit the end of the sweep while using the wah.

Thanks, I will try that! What confuses me is that Auto Engage the Wah Block behaves differently than other Effects Blocks when the same Modifier Settings are dialed in. Is this intentional? Can someone confirm this?

Which parameter did you add the modifier to in the other blocks?

A bypass modifier makes any autoengage settings irrelevant for that block. A modifier on some other parameter should engage/bypass at the same time, if you match the wah's autoengage settings.

Not shure if i understood what you mean. I added the Auto Engage function to the Bypass state of the other Block. To what other parameter should i map it to make it go on and off?

Not shure if i understood what you mean. I added the Auto Engage function to the Bypass state of the other Block. To what other parameter should i map it to make it go on and off?
Anything other than the Bypass parameter, like Balance, which doesn't use very much CPU% vs. certain other parameters. Make the modifier have no impact on the actual parameter, e.g. start/mid/end = 0%, MIN = 0.0 with the Balance modifier approach.

Back
Top Bottom