Wish Authentic Tab for Effects

Could we have the actual basic controls of the effect pedals just like in the Amp block and a tab for the full parameters
Aside from the Drive block (which already has this) most of the blocks are not models of specific effects pedals. The Phaser and Flanger and some of the Delays are, but not most other blocks.

I think you mean Authentic, not Ideal.

Not sure this is possible for reasons Unix-guy said. But honestly the stuff on the Basic tabs are truly basic and usable for getting basic sounds.

So weird.....in the hardware days we were always wishing for more controls, hacking an extra external pot so you didn’t have to open the pedal to adjust a trimmer etc. Now we get awesome digital effects and people want to dumb it back down to just 2 or 3 knobs..... I don’t get it

what would an “authentic“ MXR phaser look like ? Just a page with one knob? What would the point of that be ? Then when you want to adjust the mix or level or anything else useful you’d need to go to a different screen anyways

So weird.....in the hardware days we were always wishing for more controls, hacking an extra external pot so you didn’t have to open the pedal to adjust a trimmer etc. Now we get awesome digital effects and people want to dumb it back down to just 2 or 3 knobs..... I don’t get it

what would an “authentic“ MXR phaser look like ? Just a page with one knob? What would the point of that be ? Then when you want to adjust the mix or level or anything else useful you’d need to go to a different screen anyways
no one is asking to take the extra controls away, just the option to reflect the original hardware. i will never understand why anyone would have an issue with this.

what would the point of a page with one knob be though ?
Pretty simple really. If you have never used an MXR (or any) phaser, and open up the edit page on one of the Fractal models, it can be a bit tough to know which one of the dozens of controls to adjust.

Sometimes having/knowing the authentic controls can help you quickly get to know a model and what were likely it's strengths.

Pretty simple really. If you have never used an MXR (or any) phaser, and open up the edit page on one of the Fractal models, it can be a bit tough to know which one of the dozens of controls to adjust.

Sometimes having/knowing the authentic controls can help you quickly get to know a model and what were likely it's strengths.

I’d take a wild guess and turn the knobs labeled “rate” or “depth” lol

.....of course would we want to make it extra authentic and confusing though by copying the labeling on the real pedals such as “color” on a EHX flanger ?

could a Maestro phaser be labeled “balls” ?

what about a small or medium spring reverb based upon an amp tank ? Would that have just one knob labeled “reverb” ?

just seems silly the point of making it more difficult as you’d always be going between pages.

besides, isn’t this why we have the performance tab ? So people can have one or two basic parameters of their choosing all on one page ? You want just your amp gain, basic tone stack, chorus depth, reverb mix etc ? You have 10 knobs or switches of your choice. It works beautifully

Sorry but I think this is an excellent idea.

I use the authentic tab all the time in the amp block, and given the recent revisions for the Phaser and Flanger block - would love to see the same here.

It's not the same at all as the performance tab, since that is not dependent on the model chosen

I don't see anything wrong with a 1knob phase 90
or 3 knobs Boss flanger , if thats what you grew up on and use for years much easier to dial in than accidentally turning the wrong extra controls

I’d take a wild guess and turn the knobs labeled “rate” or “depth” lol

.....of course would we want to make it extra authentic and confusing though by copying the labeling on the real pedals such as “color” on a EHX flanger ?

could a Maestro phaser be labeled “balls” ?

what about a small or medium spring reverb based upon an amp tank ? Would that have just one knob labeled “reverb” ?

just seems silly the point of making it more difficult as you’d always be going between pages.

besides, isn’t this why we have the performance tab ? So people can have one or two basic parameters of their choosing all on one page ? You want just your amp gain, basic tone stack, chorus depth, reverb mix etc ? You have 10 knobs or switches of your choice. It works beautifully
I know it seems silly, and I get what you're saying. Completely implementing something like this would have it's limits. But try to imagine that you didn't come from a time where pedals and amps where all that we had. And you've had years of experimenting and adsorbing all of the new tech and terminology as it has been coming out.

I get emails every day from players that have never used a real amp, cab, pedal, or effect rack, asking the most basic of questions. Most of this stuff is not common knowledge for someone that has not experienced it. Even the way the manual is written assumes a fair amount of knowledge of this stuff.

Maybe just highlighting the original controls somehow would be helpful? And maybe the original parameter name in parenthesis along with the common name?

Just my $0.02:cool:

I guess it's a 'grass is greener' thing, but the full set of the controls would still be there, on the 'Ideal' tab, 'under the hood' like the trimpots of the days of yore....

Back
Top Bottom