Wish Authentic Darkglass B7K Ultra v2

How do these differ from the version available in the AxeFx at the moment? Are there tone sculpting options that can't be done in the current drive block?

How do these differ from the version available in the AxeFx at the moment? Are there tone sculpting options that can't be done in the current drive block?
Drive blocks don't follow their respective pedal controls like amp blocks do

Chances are you can customise them far more than the real pedal, but not having access to the toggle switches and specific controls on the pedal makes it hard to do.

So you just want the included darkglass pedal to be more authentic? I can get behind this. Sometimes I wish the models could be more all-inlcusive. For instance, the Axe has 3 Timmy pedals, since the real Timmy pedal has a 3-way toggle. Kinda cumbersome to change models just to virtually use the toggle, but it is what it is. If you know how to use a particular pedal, it's often a bit of a learning curve to use the Axe version of that pedal, so more authenticity in controls and/or even skeumorphism would be nice.

+1

Drive blocks don't follow their respective pedal controls like amp blocks do

Chances are you can customise them far more than the real pedal, but not having access to the toggle switches and specific controls on the pedal makes it hard to do.
So it looks like the B7K Ultra V2 has a loadable Cab Sim IR function - I can't see this being replicated in the drive block.

Everything else seems to be covered by the existing tone-sculpting tools in the drive block (although I'm happy to be corrected). Low-cut is equivalent to the Grunt switch, except we're not limited to two values. Similarly, high-cut is equivalent to the Attack switch. All the other tone controls in the B7K are post-distortion, so these are covered by either the tone controls in the EQ1 tab (I think these are post-distortion, although I could be wrong), or the GEQ in EQ2.

I understand the desire for a direct 1:1 correspondence of controls between pedal and model, but I think having consistency between the controls on different Axe-FX models is also important (i.e. every drive model has a 'low cut' option, rather than it being called 'low cut' for some models, and 'Grunt' for the B7K).

Disclaimer: I haven't tried any of the Darkglass pedals in real life, so I don't know if there are other sonic differences between the different versions. If there are, then it'd be great to have that modelled!

So you just want the included darkglass pedal to be more authentic? I can get behind this. Sometimes I wish the models could be more all-inlcusive. For instance, the Axe has 3 Timmy pedals, since the real Timmy pedal has a 3-way toggle. Kinda cumbersome to change models just to virtually use the toggle, but it is what it is. If you know how to use a particular pedal, it's often a bit of a learning curve to use the Axe version of that pedal, so more authenticity in controls and/or even skeumorphism would be nice.

+1
+1
If we can just have the authentic controls and nothing more in the pedal . Something 100% authentic and that’s all …

Back
Top Bottom