• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

[AustinBuddy] Dream Rigs 1000+Tonepack for AX8 Available NOW!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
A lot of the high gain presets have a very aggressive noise gate that I personally didn’t like at all. If you go to the gate settings there are some presets that are in the pack. I’ll check which ones I used, and post it later. It is pretty much the standard AB gate. I used axedit to bulk change all of the high gain presets. If I find any of the ones I like feedback too much I’ll up the gate settings.
Yep. It is high for my personal taste too but the pro metal guy who helped me dial it in uses it that way so it “chops” for djent style. I would not second guess him - he has made a bundle in the progr. Metal business (a name you would know if I was allowed to share it), and it sounded killer when he played it.

A few high gain bank amps will feedback and howl at you too if the noise gate is set too low. That’s exactly why the effects library options are useful!

Last edited:
I spent most of my waking hours this weekend with this pack. It was work for another project but in the process I decided to dump the entire current contents of my AX8 and replace it all with the @austinbuddy presets.

This, it turns out, was an excellent decision.

What an amazingly well-dialed in collection of tones this is! The character of the amps is very noticeable. Buddy has paid a great amount of attention to making certain that going from amp-to-amp yields satisfyingly different results and not just the same tone dialed in on different amps. There were a whole host of amps in this pack I've never been able to make sound useful that were blowing my mind.

Money and time well spent, if you ask me.
TOTALLY agree big time !! Man did he dig in and save me a ton of time. I HIGHLY recommend purchasing this tone pack. The presets, tones, instruction, shortcuts, etc. are more than you'll ever need and again, what a time saver. Buy it. You won't be sorry.

Souper1974

New here
Hi buddy,

I’m leaning towards buying the dream rigs pack over the naked tones pack.
Even though there is a large number of presets in the dreamrigs pack, I’ve been trying but can’t seem to find 2 many demo’s of the sounds here though ?
Your 5 videos r educational & helpful, but only touch on some of the sounds.
Is there anywhere you can point me in the right direction so I can see / hear abit more of the sounds here ?

marc0810

Regular
Hi buddy,

Even though there is a large number of presets in the dreamrigs pack, I’ve been trying but can’t seem to find 2 many demo’s of the sounds here though ?
Is there anywhere you can point me in the right direction so I can see / hear abit more of the sounds here ?
@Souper1974 I have been using these presets live for a while now, I will try to get you a video from my gig tonight so you can hear how some of them sound. Just don’t make fun of my playing lol!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Hi buddy,
Appreciate the request. I just don't have time to do video demos of each product myself - I'd rather spend the precious time doing tutorials on how to use the product. Cliff keeps updating firmwares and I have to go back and update hundreds and hundreds of presets constantly....not complaining, that's just how it works!

I'm lucky that people like Cooper Carter and Leon Todd and Brett Kingman do nice reviews of them.

Basically, while it is an Axe-Fx III Naked Amps and not an AX8 Dreams Rigs demo, Cooper Carter does justice to the kinds of tones that I produce here, you'd find similar sounds in Dream Rigs. Hope that helps!

Top Bottom