Austin Buddy effects collection

I've been retired for 2 1/2 years and as long you have hobbies or anything to keep you occupied, you'll have the time of your life. Absolutely cannot wait for the Pedal blocks package from Mr. Buddy.

Hi Austin. Congrats on your retirement! I was wondering if your new effects collection will include a Janglebox emulation? I've just moved over to Fractal from a giant pedalboard and this is the one unit that I miss but I don't want to add it back in because it's a bit noisy and I'm also trying to keep my rig as simple as possible (in terms of physical components). So this would make the new pack a "must buy" for me! I see others over the years have asked about emulating the Janglebox on Fractal gear, but no one has shared an emulation that I'm aware of.

Hi Austin. Congrats on your retirement! I was wondering if your new effects collection will include a Janglebox emulation? I've just moved over to Fractal from a giant pedalboard and this is the one unit that I miss but I don't want to add it back in because it's a bit noisy and I'm also trying to keep my rig as simple as possible (in terms of physical components). So this would make the new pack a "must buy" for me! I see others over the years have asked about emulating the Janglebox on Fractal gear, but no one has shared an emulation that I'm aware of.
Not familiar with one. Can you share a YouRube video demo of it and maybe as a group can figure out how to get there with out existing tools?!?

Not familiar with one. Can you share a YouRube video demo of it and maybe as a group can figure out how to get there with out existing tools?!?
Thanks very much for taking an interest! Here's a good demo of the latest version (there are many: https://www.janglebox.com/pedals):

The typical market for this thing is 12-string players (especially Ricky players) who want Byrds/Beatles/Tom Petty sounds, but it can also sound great on Srats, Teles, and other 6-string guitars.

Thanks very much for taking an interest! Here's a good demo of the latest version (there are many: https://www.janglebox.com/pedals):

The typical market for this thing is 12-string players (especially Ricky players) who want Byrds/Beatles/Tom Petty sounds, but it can also sound great on Srats, Teles, and other 6-string guitars.

Oh a compressor. Yeah there will be several vintage compressor emulations that can do what you want and hear in this demo. You may have to use the Tape Drive or some Cab preamp emulation for extra sauce but I will have the compressors covered.

Oh a compressor. Yeah there will be several vintage compressor emulations that can do what you want and hear in this demo. You may have to use the Tape Drive or some Cab preamp emulation for extra sauce but I will have the compressors covered.
Sounds great! :) Do you plan to make artist presets that use your new effects emulations? If so, "Roger McGuinn" and "George Harrison" presets tailored to 12-string guitars would be fantastic for jangle tones!

Haven’t touched the work since November, been doing updates to TonePacks due to new Fractal Firmwares as my customer priority.

But good news: as of this coming Monday, I am now full-time available to do AustinBuddy work, no more day job - retired from that! So stuff should come quicker this year than in past.

Will update this in a month about when new FX Warehouse could become available.
Well, it's been a month and two days! Let me guess...retired, local fast food joint by 6:00AM, drinking coffee with the other old men, Fox News in the background telling you how bad the younger generation is; golf course by 10, local buffet by 4, bed by 8.
I'm just kidding cause I'm turning 60 this weekend. I will give you a piece of advice if you haven't already figured this out (been doing wastewater consulting for three local municipalities for ten years of semi-retirement now), find a place to GO TO to work on your stuff. "Working from home" means "he's home lets ask him to help on the farm, or run errands or just shot the shit, he won't mind..."
The one Effect you and FAS need to team up on is the Block that when inserted and taken off Bypass...time stands still, the phone doesn't ring, the wife and family aren't bothering you, emails stop...and A-holes don't send you "status update" messages on Fractal Forum ;) Having said all that...Where's my FX Warehouse!!:oops:

@austinbuddy is the new PlusPack the FX warehouse, or is that a different pack all together?
It's a different Tone Pack altogether. A few effects in it, but that's not the focus.

The FX Warehouse block library is still in development and taking longer, and keeps getting put on hold for annual TonePack updates as firmware updates occur, and those TonePack updates take priority. I will get out at least part of FX Warehouse this year, that's my goal. Summer is when I really crank on it.

Good video on YouTube demo on the +PlusPack and it's contents is here.

Haven’t touched the work since November, been doing updates to TonePacks due to new Fractal Firmwares as my customer priority.

But good news: as of this coming Monday, I am now full-time available to do AustinBuddy work, no more day job - retired from that! So stuff should come quicker this year than in past.

Will update this in a month about when new FX Warehouse could become available.
Congratulations on your retirement! You will find that life after retirement is better than you could have ever imagined…especially for a part-time musician. Now music endeavors can take front seat…as long as your wife allows it! 😂

Back
Top Bottom