Auralex Gramma Pad?

johnnyg88

Hey guys

I'm a bit troubled with my Axe FX Ultra rig in that the tones vary too much from my home where I program it to the various stages/pubs/churches I play. The most notable problem is the low end being either too overwhelming or completely underwhelming (which seems to be quiet common). What do you guys think about using an Auralex Gramma pad under my cab at home for programming and on stage for gigging? Could that help me get somewhat more consistent sounds?

I run my Axe into a Carvin DCM3000L and into a Mesa Rectifier 2x12. The cabinet lays on the floor (carpeted) horizontally. I have this issue with the same cab whether I'm running the Axe into it or any traditional tube amp.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

jg

I use a pair of Grammas under my subwoofer for my PA. I put my two guitar cabs up on amp stands. Any further boomy-ness or lack there-of is bound to be due to the dynamics of the room?

Yeah, I guess it could be the room. I'm just concerned about the cab's coupling with the ground. When it is laying horizontal it is extra bassy and when it is up vertical (and not so stable...) a lot of bass goes away. For stability's sake, I lay it horizontal and dial in my tones and it they sound decent. But then when I put a mic on the cab or it's on a solid and hard surface the bass response is completely different. I'm hoping that using the Gramma pad will allow me to hear what the cabinet is really putting out on its own without the help (or lack thereof) of the floor and give me a slightly more consistent environment.

What do you think?

jg

Sup?

How loud are you when you are programing at home compaired to how loud you are live?

MOSHON
DAVE

Back
Top Bottom