auditioning ir's

ant5150

I just recently purchased cab packs 14 and 15. I was wondering if there is a way to audition these ir's without actually saving them into the axe. saving them does work well but there is a space issue. I would like to be able to do it directly from my computer hard drive if possible.

thanks in advance.

Cab lab also has this great audition feature. audition them from your computer memory just as fast as you can push and arrow key, and then load the ones you like in to cab lab or your axe fx.

Al's wrote a cool little freeware program that can do the same thing

Set the time rate you want it to cycle through, such as say, 10 seconds, and it loads a new one every 10 seconds. If you like the sound, you can tap the space bar to "tag" it and then after your done going through a folder, you can see all the tagged ones you like to check out further.

I've always used this so I'm not sure how advanced Axe-Edit has gotten, but probably should at least give it a try, though Al's free software has always been fantastic

Al's wrote a cool little freeware program that can do the same thing

Set the time rate you want it to cycle through, such as say, 10 seconds, and it loads a new one every 10 seconds. If you like the sound, you can tap the space bar to "tag" it and then after your done going through a folder, you can see all the tagged ones you like to check out further.

I've always used this so I'm not sure how advanced Axe-Edit has gotten, but probably should at least give it a try, though Al's free software has always been fantastic
that sounds awesome. I felt the need for something like that last night when I had to stop playing to switch them. makes it difficult to hear the minor differences on clean tones.

so where can I find this guy al?

that sounds awesome. I felt the need for something like that last night when I had to stop playing to switch them. makes it difficult to hear the minor differences on clean tones.

so where can I find this guy al?

Right here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...fxsend-tiny-tool-auditioning-irs-presets.html

Also, I use this layout for IR auditioning:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-08%20at%208.16.37%20AM.png

Record a clip in to the looper block up front and then you've got all your hands free to flip through IRs. You also wander around the room a bit to get a feel for the sound and such.

Back
Top Bottom