Audio + Patch 'Dirty Shirley's Plexi' - Rock Tone - Sean Ashe

Sean Ashe

Power User
Today I wanted to make a solid Rock N' Roll tone I could use here in my studio or if I wanted to just jam on so I made this rockin' patch :)

I was jammin' on the patch and made this cheesy classic rock-esque riff and then decided I would just make into a mini tone demonstration song.

I had a ton of fun and think I'm going to start doing this with a bunch of my patches, more than likely I'll start making them youtube uploads too. Do you guys think you would dig those kind of videos if I started putting them out weekly?

Now, here is what you, my fellow tone chasers, probably came here for : AxeChange - PATCH

I have the cabs panned hard left and hard right so I can get the amps/cabs seperated when recording, and they are currently leveled equally, although I think it sounds much better when the Dirty Shirley is blended quieter onto the Plexi, it gives it a really nice high end crunch to the classic cranked plexi tone.

Veeeery nice. That is just rock and roll through and through.

And thanks for the patch!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the patch, I hope you can use it in some of your songs or even just to have fun with!

The tone reminds me of The Cult slightly but with a bit more bottom end to it haha :)

@kfliegner and you are too kind haha :)

That sounds great, Sean! Love that tone a LOT! The front part of the riff sounds kinda like "Hey Baby" by Ted Nugent. :)

Nice Sean! She tightens up nicely with the plexi.

Yea for sure! If i was using the Dirty Shirley by itself, I would set it differently, but I wanted it to color the plexi instead of it just being a blend of both amps.

Also I see the patch has about 80 downloads, and I'm super glad that 80 people are (hopefully) enjoying the patch.

But yea I had a question for everyone:

If I started making one patch a week to give out to the Fractal Community, patches of different styles, and genres, would you be interested in me putting out videos each week demonstrating it (almost like the audio clip) and then maybe a video explanation of the patch? I just want to know before I do it, if people will dig it. Please give me feedback regarding that!

I'd dig that for sure. Actually, if the video ran through how you built the patch (what you were aiming for, how you started, how you got it to the sound in your head) that'd be pretty awesome IMO.

If I started making one patch a week to give out to the Fractal Community, patches of different styles, and genres, would you be interested in me putting out videos each week demonstrating it (almost like the audio clip) and then maybe a video explanation of the patch? I just want to know before I do it, if people will dig it. Please give me feedback regarding that!

I'm one of the 80 downloads, and I would LOVE to see you you put something like this together. It would be great to hear not only about amp selection but also speaker choice.

Go for it!

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom