Audio interface for AX8

But...

If you don't record... Why would you need a mixer or an audio interface?

Well, maybe if you use headphones...

I connect my AX8 straight to the Near Field Monitors. And I play music in my old home stereo. I also connect the AX8 to the laptop, so I can use the AX8 Edit. Am I missing something?

I needed something because the ax8 unlike the axe FX does not act like a sound card. So I needed something in order to be able to play and listen to music (PC) at the same time through my monitors.
A small mixer would do. But a proper audio interface would leave more options for the future.

Ok.

I use the NFM just for the guitar.

Sooner than later I'll need to record, so this thread will be very helpful for me.

How are you connecting? It sounds like you may be connecting to the instrument input. You do not want to do that. The input should be set to line level.

EDIT: Either go in through input jacks 3 and 4 on the backside or go into the focusrite software and set inputs 1 and 2 such that they are not set to instrument level (the green "inst" LED should not be lit)

focusrite_scarlett_6i6.jpg
Hi Smittefar, I have an AX8 and will be looking to get an interface soon, was looking at the focusrite 2i4 and 6i6, what would be the difference in connecting the AX8 to the focusrite with either an s/pdif or xlr? is one better than the other as the 2i4 doesn't have s/pdif?

Thanks

In theory, I suppose spdif is better as you avoid one cycle of D/A A/D conversion, but to be honest, I just connect to XLR at home. spdif locks you to using 48 kHz (as that is the sample rate of AX8)

Hi guys, sorry for resurrecting this thread. Im a new AX8 user and is exploring one an affordable and decent audio interface to hook out my AX8 as well as audio from my laptop (for backing track practice). Very new to these stuff. I will be grateful if you guys could offer some tips and comments. Would you have any experience with the following audio interfaces? Thanks..

Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 (notice that it has SPDIF which I note from this forum is preferred for recording. Not sure if it support stereo monitoring. For laptop audio, I suppose i will have to use the Line Inputs?)

M-Audio ProFire 610

M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Back
Top Bottom