audio help!

RDress

I am having audio issues, hoping someone can help me trouble shoot. I cannot get any sound to come through my axe fx except headphones. What I mean is I can only hear through the headphone jack. I am not sure what might have happened, I just played a gig last weekend and everything worked fine. Plugged in today and nothing. after exhausting all my ideas and efforts I am praying that someone in here has an idea to help

Ron

I am having audio issues, hoping someone can help me trouble shoot. I cannot get any sound to come through my axe fx except headphones. What I mean is I can only hear through the headphone jack. I am not sure what might have happened, I just played a gig last weekend and everything worked fine. Plugged in today and nothing. after exhausting all my ideas and efforts I am praying that someone in here has an idea to help

Ron
Providing details on how you are trying to hear the Axe Fx (aside from headphones) and what you have tried so far are going to essential to getting help.

I come out of the axe fx II xl plus from the output 1 using 1/4 cables into a mesa 2:90, into a mesa cab, So I have tried skipping the mesa and, going to the cab directly from the fractal, also tried going to another speaker source in case it is the cab. I have tried switching put all cables to make sure it isn't as simple as that.

You need some kind of power amp like your Mesa to get any sound. The Axe doesn't have any way to power your cabinets.

I come out of the axe fx II xl plus from the output 1 using 1/4 cables into a mesa 2:90, into a mesa cab, So I have tried skipping the mesa and, going to the cab directly from the fractal, also tried going to another speaker source in case it is the cab. I have tried switching put all cables to make sure it isn't as simple as that.
You won't get anything out of the cab without a power amp, so bypassing the Mesa is not a good test. You would need another power amp.

Was the other speaker powered or also connected to the same power amp?

No, same power amp unfortunately, I don't have access to another to try at this time. Which means I am pretty much out of luck, until I can test another power amp. I have a power mixer, is there any chance I could use this to test? If so how would I do that?

No, same power amp unfortunately, I don't have access to another to try at this time. Which means I am pretty much out of luck, until I can test another power amp. I have a power mixer, is there any chance I could use this to test? If so how would I do that?
Yes, a powered mixer would work.

Send output 1 to an input channel of the mixer with a 1/4 cable or XLR cable, then connect the output of the mixer to your speaker cab with a speaker cable.

You'll need to raise the faders on the input channel(s) of the mixer and the output faders, too.

Another thing you could try is to set OUTPUT 2 MODE to Echo Output 1 and then connect Output 2 to your amp (make sure to turn up the Output 2 Level knob, too).

Also, have you confirmed the Mesa is powering up and the levels are up?

Thanks! I used the power mixer and was able to get sound, so it must be my mesa 2:90 that is the issue, thank you so much for your time and all your help!

Thanks! I used the power mixer and was able to get sound, so it must be my mesa 2:90 that is the issue, thank you so much for your time and all your help!
No problem, happy to help.

Does the Mesa power on? Probably need to get a service tech to take a look at it.

Yeah it powers up that's why I didn't think anything was wrong
I've owned several Mesa 2:90 amps. Check your switches on the back to make sure they didn't get bumped.
With that said every one of them has had a weird issue, where all of a sudden for no reason, I have no sound. It has always turned out to be a dirty fuse socket. With time, it builds up corrosion or dust. I spray it with a contact cleaner (deoxit) and wipe the fuse good, and plug it back in and I get sound again. I'm not saying this is your problem, but it's worth a try. MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG THE 2:90 BEFORE REMOVING FUSE.

Back
Top Bottom