Audio Gap when Using Boss FS-5U as EXT CTRL for Press-and-Hold-type Actions

marklumsley

Hey all.
There's a noticeable audio gap when using my FS-5U switch for the drive block (assigned to its mix knob as EXP CTRL 3). I intend to use it for quick 'in-out' lead bits as I hold the pedal down to engage the effect. The gap (which is about 50ms or so) is still audible when not connected to the PC and when on the main preset page of the unit.

Please advise. :)

Hey all.
There's a noticeable audio gap when using my FS-5U switch for the drive block (assigned to its mix knob as EXP CTRL 3). I intend to use it for quick 'in-out' lead bits as I hold the pedal down to engage the effect. The gap (which is about 50ms or so) is still audible when not connected to the PC and when on the main preset page of the unit.

Please advise. :)
Hi, please post the preset ..

My FS-5L and FS-5U are both set to 'latching' in I/O->Pedal. Other settings on that page are off or at 0.
I just want to use the FS-5U for hold-type engage-disengage functions without the drop-outs in audio.
There's clearly something I haven't done right (hence not a bug), but I can't for the life of me figure it out. :(

Attachments

• Marshall '62 JTM45 2245.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
I should add that when you depress the pedal, the effect (drive block, in this case) engages without a hiccup; it's when you dismount the pedal to disengage the effect where you hear the signal bypassing to the dry signal for a split second before it reconnects to the amplifier block.

You have autoengage enabled, which creates a delay before disengaging when the source value returns to 0. It sounds like you're noticing a level change between mix at 0% w/ block engaged, and block bypassed.

Try removing this mix modifier, and assign a bypass modifier instead with damping at 0 ms. Does that give the result you want?

Bakerman I could kiss you haha. Thank you!
Knew it was one of the parameters in the mixer window that I had to assign it to!
I always feel like an idiot when the obvious solutions hit me in the face without me realising. ._.

Back
Top Bottom