Audio crashes (Using headphones, FM9Edit, Spotify)

Hi all,

Having a great time with the FM9 Turbo (all latest stuff pre-installed, installed all Win10 drivers from G66), coming from the AX8 and FM3, and bumping in to something which I haven't had before.

I connected the FM9 via USB,
Started both FM9Edit and Spotify,
Connected the headphones,
Played along with a song, tweeking in FM9Edit,

And then more than once it happend that either audio completely went to silent, or extremely low volume, or crashing noises/sounding terrible, etc... At a certain moment audio came back. It looked as if it helped to switch scenes, but may have been luck.

Anyone else with this problem? Known bug? Known fix? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for any advice 😉

Have hit a few issues on my Windows 10 system as well, not exactly the same, though. I'm suspecting the USB device driver is causing issues when there are multiple USB audio devices (and therefore drivers) active. Powering off the FM9 fixed it every time for me.

(1) Was there hearing danger involved?
(2) Does anyone know if it's ok to have both the FM9 and Axe-Fx II USB drivers installed?

I am experiencing the same issue. On one computer I can unplug the usb and plug it back in and its fine. On my laptop I have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers every time. Both have windows 11.

I am also having my audio drop out on my new laptop purchased just for my FM9. I have to continually reload the USB audio driver.

I’ve had a few issues where the guitar audio stops when editing with fm9edit on windows. Have to reboot the unit to get it working again.

Is everyone else having the pc audio or the guitar audio stop?

I run into the issue as well. My audio, whether youtube, or some other application, goes out on my left and cuts in half on the right. I don't understand why.
Has anyone found a solution?

Last edited:
Still happening to me. It seems to occur at least once eveytime when using headphones. I have to reboot the FM9 to clear the issue.

Yea mine hasent stopped. Fractal seems to think it is a usb quality issue. I've ordered a new cable. We will see if it solves the issue.

I don't think its the USB. I have tried (2) high end USB cables and (2) different laptops with different operating systems. One of my laptops, I bought new to only use with my FM9. My other laptop runs with my AXFX2 XL for the last 8 years.

(1) Was there hearing danger involved?
(2) Does anyone know if it's ok to have both the FM9 and Axe-Fx II USB drivers installed?
I am running an FM9 and an AXE2 at the same time on my Mac and it's working fine.

I dont think so either. But that is their recommended solution at this point. I have also tried two separate laptops with two different operating systems. I re-installed all the drivers and updated the computers. The only thing left to check is the USB cable.

Back
Top Bottom