Audio Clips and Presets

I think pretty low output. With my guitars the presets sound a lot less clean.

Hey Guys:)

I've been using the Tone Zone as a bridge pickup for a number of years and simply LOVE it. Guitar guru Gary Brawer takes care of all my setup work of course watching out for string pull issues and making sure that the pickups don't disappear into the body, which is what would happen if I took care of my guitars:) What's really interesting about the pickup is that it does high gain stuff really well without being weak sounding, but also shines with the AC30 stuff as well, which in the world of pickups is a bit of a contraction. The neck pickup on this guitar is a PAF Joe, which is pretty much the best single neck pickup I've ever played. Most of you guys already know that I've known Satch for decades, so without putting on the bragging cap one day I was over at his house and we were both pretty much blown away by how right the PAF Joe is. Bright where you need it, warm where you want it, but never tubby. In the middle position I've got one of the Virtual Vintages. And yes, I am a DiMarzio endorsee, but they are pretty cool with allowing me to use the range of things that are in the flow of loaner instruments passing through here. Pretty much the same with Ibanez in that at the end of the day, with all the gear that I play, I choose to play THAT ibanez and I choose to put THOSE pickups in it. That guitar cost well under $1,000 retail even with the pickups, but it resonates so many of the tones I so love. Chatty Cathy here will put down the mouse now:)

Cheers ~ Doug:)

Hey Guys

I've been using the Tone Zone as a bridge pickup for a number of years and simply LOVE it. Guitar guru Gary Brawer takes care of all my setup work of course watching out for string pull issues and making sure that the pickups don't disappear into the body, which is what would happen if I took care of my guitars:) What's really interesting about the pickup is that it does high gain stuff really well without being weak sounding, but also shines with the AC30 stuff as well, which in the world of pickups is a bit of a contraction. The neck pickup on this guitar is a PAF Joe, which is pretty much the best single neck pickup I've ever played. Most of you guys already know that I've known Satch for decades, so without putting on the bragging cap one day I was over at his house and we were both pretty much blown away by how right the PAF Joe is. Bright where you need it, warm where you want it, but never tubby. In the middle position I've got one of the Virtual Vintages. And yes, I am a DiMarzio endorsee, but they are pretty cool with allowing me to use the range of things that are in the flow of loaner instruments passing through here. Pretty much the same with Ibanez in that at the end of the day, with all the gear that I play, I choose to play THAT ibanez and I choose to put THOSE pickups in it. That guitar cost well under $1,000 retail even with the pickups, but it resonates so many of the tones I so love. Chatty Cathy here will put down the mouse now

Cheers ~ Doug:)

Ahhhh - this post somehow makes me feel a LOT better about my playing whereas...after listening to those clips...I wasn't feeling so great. :D Great presets and clips - enjoyed the clips - planning to enjoy the presets as soon as my RCF gets here. :)

Check these out, people!

Fantastic tones, very tasty playing, useful presets.

Thank YOU:)

Yeks MFC-101 How-Tos page - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki
How to operate the Looper with the MFC-101

Here's an example when you want to use switches 6 and 7 for the Looper.
Press Edit > Setup
set IASw 06 to Toggle
Set IASw 07 to Momentary
Press Edit > Midi:
set IA06 Axe-Fx to None
set IA07 Axe-Fx to None
set IA06 c1 to CC 29 (Ch01)
set IA07 c1 to CC 28 (Ch01)
Now press 6 for Play (press again for Stop).
Press AND HOLD 7 for Record. Change Switch 07 into Toggle if you want to change this into 2 presses.
This thread contains an example of a switch configuration.

Hey Guys:)

Thanks for all the kind words and warm welcome. Every forum has it's own vibe, and you guys are AWESOME...

Eightman, I started to get bummed as I read the first part of your post:( - the whole point of what I am trying to do is ease people closer to the sounds they are coaxing out of their fingers, reflecting what's in their heads. The goal is to make people feel closer to their playing and their instrument:) I had an amazing teacher and he was always moving closer and not further away from playing better, although there were times that I obviously would feel inadequate playing with someone like Joe as a teen. Perhaps I was just too naive to totally get it. Regardless, my goal for you is that even just one of these sounds will allow you to sit with your guitar and express something deep within you and help where I can coax that to the surface by creating a sound that is a platform for that. And how cool is that anyways!!!

Cheers,

Doug:)

Doug, awesome stuff loved it. Then again I expect nothing else from you ;-) If I hadn't moved away I would have offered my Axe FX II for you to showcase. Ah well, the rains of Seattle are enjoying the Axe FX.

I'm going to take your AC30TB preset and play around with it a little. I like the results you got there.

- Matthew

Hey Guys:

What an awesome, or should I say AWESOME way to start my day. I love tweaking away on tones, but as I was just mentioning to Matthew aka oddbOd, to encounter such a warm enthusiastic user group was a real pleasure. The web and forums can and IMHO should be a very social thing and I've really been thinking lately about how we have this extended, dare I say, social network of people with whom we interact with, many of whom we might never meet in person. These relationships have a group and social dimension much like any social group, and in particular the group here has been really cool and a lot of fun to hang out with. I've known for some time that the Fractal guys have been cultivating an active forum with great success, and it's pretty clear why:)

Cheers ~ Doug;)

Doug, i had to come back and repost bc your playing and tweaking is inspiring man. I was over at the tgp thread and it's crazy. I picked a good day to take off from work. I'm gonna load these suckers into my ii & mess around with em. You totally nail that warm, lush, sunday morning reverbed/delay feel i love using at church. Hope that made sense...lol Either way keep up the amazing work.

Last edited:
Doug, i had to come back and repost your playing and tweaking is inspiring man. I was over at the tcp thread and it's crazy. I picked a good day to take off from work. I'm gonna load these suckers into my ii & mess around with em. You totally nail that warm, lush, sunday morning reverbed/delay feel i love using at church. Hope that made sense...lol Either way keep up the amazing work.
Hey Red:) That made PERFECT sense. Do enjoy and thanks for the kind words:) Have a blessed day off...

Yours,

Doug

Back
Top Bottom