attn: all JTV Variax owners:

I hear you, but for > $1700.00, I just won't do that much. The guitar ain't cheap, and it should work better out of the box. And I should'a listened to all my friends who told me it's prone to break. Still, some of the guys on this forum swear by 'em, and they gig a lot more than I do. Maybe I got a lemon. Still not jazzed by the sounds...
I bought one of the first JTV-69's delivered to Sweetwater. Yea, the neck sucked. But, I replaced it easily (since it was a bolt-on) w/a nice Strat, compound radius, all maple Neck (from Stewmac). Also dropped in a tremelo-no and setup the bridge correctly. It ain't pretty, but it's a great player's utility guitar now and works extremely well for multiple styles.

I hear you, but for > $1700.00, I just won't do that much. The guitar ain't cheap, and it should work better out of the box. And I should'a listened to all my friends who told me it's prone to break. Still, some of the guys on this forum swear by 'em, and they gig a lot more than I do. Maybe I got a lemon. Still not jazzed by the sounds...

Only paid $1200 for the guitar and $120 for the neck...not much different than the cost of a mediocre strat and it will do a hell of a lot more than a strat. The acoustic models alone are worth the price. Heads turn when I do slide work using the altered tunings.

Back
Top Bottom